Secondary IF
Options

Elevated prolactin levels

I was interested in knowing if anybody on here has elevated prolactin levels and what the course of action/treatment is. I have had two miscarriages in the last 13 months, 1st @ 15 weeks, 2nd @ 11 weeks. Bloodwork was a little over two weeks post miscarriage at my follow up appointment. My doctor recommended I come in to have it rechecked. I did last week and the nurse called me back a little while ago saying that prolactin level is still elavated. I now need to follow up with my PCP for further evaluation. My first two pregnancies were healthy and uneventful....minus the emergency c-section with #2 due to distress. I am 37 years old and DH and I would love to have another child.
Three beautiful girls! DD#1 8-23-01 DD#2 4-25-07 DD#3 10-19-10

Re: Elevated prolactin levels

• Options

When I had my hormone testing done, the only one that was off was prolactin - it was high.  I don't remember the number but my dr. prescribed a drug to lower it.  I also can't remember what the drug was called - sorry!  But I only took it for less than a month b/c I conceived that IUI cycle.  I don't remember her mentioning that it posed an issue with ttc, though?  I'm sorry I can't be more helpful!

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, I thought this was SAIF...I don't belong, but this post did apply to me!
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your response.
    Three beautiful girls! DD#1 8-23-01 DD#2 4-25-07 DD#3 10-19-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"