Indiana Babies
Options

baby girl shopping!!!

ah!! our friends had a baby girl today!!! so exciting! (nobody we know IRL is having babies that we can shop for)

But now I don't know what to buy!  Any ideas?  I love picking out little outfits, but let's be honest, they probably have 80 million.  So I'm thinking:

-cute outfit in a bigger size that she can use down the road (maybe 6 ish month)

-something cute/different from etsy, like a cute hat

-something practical (not fun)

-any other ideas?

WWYD!?

Re: baby girl shopping!!!

• Options

Are they in IN?  Colts gear.  They make little jersey-onesies, and even cheerleader outfits if you want it to be girly.  Or if they live elsewhere, their favorite local team gear. 

I'm the biggest female sports fan most of my friends know, so that's always my default baby gift.  ;)

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • Options
    ohh yes they live in Avon.  That's a great idea!!! thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Some of the things I have bought for myself (meaning I don't think I'll get an overabundance at my shower or didn't register for them are):

1. Like you said outfits for next summer so in my case they were 6-9 months.  They have super cute stuff way on sale right now.

2. A hooterhider from baby steals

3. A chic diaper/wipes clutch from baby steals

I think something from Etsy would be super fun, since it is likely to be different than anything else.  I think some of the burp cloths on there are super cute, and might be nice to have some of those for the diaper bag so when you are out you have something cute instead of an old ratty burp cloth.  I also think some of the etsy slings would be great if she interested in that stuff.

• Options
    imageIndyGirl02:

I'm the biggest female sports fan most of my friends know, so that's always my default baby gift.  ;)

mine too Amy! you can't go wrong with it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They have lots of Colts stuff at Babies R Us right now!
  • Options

My new standard present wil now be aden+anais blankets. I love mine and need to spread the love to everyone else.

Also like the Colts gear idea

• Options

who made Andrew's knit hat? It is so. darn. cute.   .. and I LOVE that picture. :)

my point ... get a girly one for your friend!

Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

A friend made it! She has an etsy shop now...I'm taking pictures of her stuff for her. She just started doing baby stuff. She's so talented.  I def think I'm going to have her make one as part of the gift, and then I can do something else with it.  Maybe a Colts something or other.  I'm going to make a blog post soon about her etsy shop so stay tuned :-)

• Options
    My default "practical" gift if they are practical-type people is a baby crack machine. We'd die without ours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageTariega:

My new standard present wil now be aden+anais blankets. I love mine and need to spread the love to everyone else.

Also like the Colts gear idea

Ditto on both accounts!

I'm also a fan of doing non-pink stuff, since everyone else does pink.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

aiden + anais blankets - like pp, my absolute must give gift now.

and if you want girly, but not pink and not clothes, hair bows.  the kind that are straight on alligator clips (minus the teeth) with no ribbon covering them or velcro or any plastic crap.  you can find them on etsy.

mar has like ten bows i bought locally that are metal only and she's been wearing them since she was three weeks old and they stay in.  every time we go out, someone asks me about them.

• Options

Hey Kat, Can you show me an example of the kind you're talking about? Thanks :) (I looked but I'm not totally sure which kind.)

• Options

I wouldn't buy an outfit, even in a bigger size.  I feel like that's all I got and while I'm grateful, most of it is NMS. 

I would also hestitate to buy headbands of any kind, but would do hats or hairbows.  For some reason the headbands just bother me.

I'd go with something different from etsy.  I also love giving babylegs because a lot of people haven't heard of them before. I bought a bunch off ebay.

Good luck!!

• Options

I don't know if this is what Kat is talking about but these are cute and look pretty easy:

https://www.thegreenwife.com/tutorials/hair-clip-tutorial/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagefruitcakes:

I wouldn't buy an outfit, even in a bigger size.  I feel like that's all I got and while I'm grateful, most of it is NMS. 

I would also hestitate to buy headbands of any kind, but would do hats or hairbows.  For some reason the headbands just bother me.

Good luck!!

I also hate headbands! Good point about the clothing not being their style...we were grateful too, but, I didn't care for a lot of the things we got - although he still wears them because we have them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"