Baby Showers
Options

Shower games what prizes did you give??

Re: Shower games what prizes did you give??

• Options

at the shower I'm hosting this weekend, there's only one game: baby bingo. I put together four gifts for four winners. I went to Michaels (and the Dollar Tree) and shopped the dollar bins.

bag 1= magnetic pad of paper, matching note cards, matching tissue.

bag 2= magnetic pad of paper (diff color than in bag 1), matching post-it notes, 2 tealight candles

bag 3&4= scented bath beads, scrub mitten, facial wash (different scents)

• Options

Years ago when my DD was born the hostess gave mini-flower arrangements.

At my DD's shower they gave $1 scratch off lottery tickets (3 in each container).  The containers were reusable small wooden boxes.  One prize was a wrist corsage because it was actually part of the game.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We always give a bottle of wine as a prize for wedding or baby shower games.  You can get a decent bottle for $10 and it is something the recipient can always use (even if they don't drink; they can regift it!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went to a shower and the prizes were all gifts for the mom or baby. It was cute- because you won a cute little bag- but then when you opened it- it had some cute onesies, bids, or baby stuff in it. So you still got to "win" a prize- but then handed it over to the mom!
  • Options
    The prizes that the pp mentioned that were gifts for baby or mom-to-be is something they did YEARS...and I mean like 40 years ago.  They did it at bridal showers as well...so all the stuff was supposed to be given to the bride to be (but many people took them home)...lol  Personally I think it is kind of dumb.  If the host is going to do those kinds of prizes she might as well just make up a box and fill it with that stuff and hand it to the mom-to-be and forego the games altogether.
  • Options

We're doing:

Baby Bingo but just 1 "cover-all" prize for that and it is an EX-LG Wood Wick Candle

3 prizes for whose b-day is closest to Mine, DH and EDD. Those are -  2x ceremic dip chiller w/ dip mixes &  1x  really cute travel Mug.

Then we're drawing 6 addressed envelopes for other gifts.  We have 3 address books and 3 reed diffusers.

Lastly, On the favor tags, My Mom is marking 1 at each table and who ever has that favor get's to take home a plant.  The centerpieces are either Hydrangas or Hardy Mum's.

• Options
    A few years ago I won a $5 Starbucks card at a shower.  I thought that was a terrific gift.
  • Options
    im just going to get a couple of $10.00 gift cards for various stores...
  • Options

Tea Lights, travel sized body wash/scrubs (Bath and Body works is perfect for this) Starbucks Cards, or when it is hot we have a great juice bar here that we do $5 cards too as well.

~Kati~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I gave out candles for all of the prizes at my SIL shower. It was easy. I picked a variety of scents, and everyone uses candles.
  • Options

raffle prize for bringing a  book = $25.00 gift card to olive garden

bingo prizes= bath and body hand soap with 2 candles

stinky baby diaper scratch game = bottle of wine

baby in ice cube, water breaking game = bath and body wall flowers with candle

extra bath and body diffuser set with oil incase of a tie.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"