Baby Names
Options

Are there other nn for Jonathan

other than Jon or Nathan?  We have decided on this name if we have another boy, but I know that people will probably end up calling him Jon.  Although I am ok with it, I was wondering if there are other nn for Jonathan.  Middle name will probably be Michael or Charles if you are wondering.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

Re: Are there other nn for Jonathan

• Options
    MrsCFBMrsCFB member

all i can think of are john/jon and johnny/jonny.

i wasn't aware that nathan is a nickname for jonathan.  i thought nathan was it's own separate name with a nickname of nate.  who knew...

• Options
    I know a Jonathan that goes by Jono. I love the name Jonathan.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I knew a Jono too. But I think his full name was spelled Jonothan.
  • Options
    What about Jona?
  • Options
    AndLynAndLyn member
    I've only heard Jon and Jonny. I've never known a Jonathan who went by Nathan.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Bubba.  Skeet.  Lefty.  Slick.

Those are all nicknames that have nothing to do with the child's given name.

And Nathan is a stand-alone name.. not a shortened version of Jonathan.

Can you tell I hate nicknames?!  No one will call your son Jon unless you encourage them to do so.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I grew up with a Jonathan. No one called him anything else.
  • Options
    Jay, Jay-Jay, and Jonno are nns I've heard.  Never head Nathan as a nn for Jonathan. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"