South Florida Babies
Options

Fort Lauderdale Pediatrician Recs?

I'm looking into pediatricians in the Fort Lauderdale area and my OB gave me a list that I could reference. I've narrowed it down to the ones below based on location, but before scheduling an interview with them, I was just wondering if anyone has gone to any of these doctors and what their experience has been? Or if anyone can recommend a pediatrician in the Fort Lauderdale area? (Not sure if it's relavent, but I'm looking to give birth at Holy Cross Hospital.) Any input is greatly appreciated!!! TIA!

- Dr. Teresa Anaya
- Dr. Howard Gill
- Dr. Laura Neustater
- Dr. Tasneem Mirza
- Dr. Shameem Siddiqi
- Dr. Usman Siddiqi
- Dr. Kamal Taslimi
- Dr. John Wright

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Fort Lauderdale Pediatrician Recs?

• Options

I know all of them (I used to work at Holy Cross and my dad is a doctor there too...these are all holy cross peds). Anyways, Dr. Kamal Taslimi was my pediatrician and is for my nieces and nephews...I'd go to him but we live in Miami now. He's awesome, very sweet, calm, gentle. He's a good family friend too! Dr. Mirza is in his group too....very nice. Dr. Gil is very nice too. I liked Dr. Neustater, but I've heard that she freaks out during emergency situations, which IMO is not a good thing! Dr. Wright is very nice as well; my vote is for Dr. Taslimi!!!

PS: My mom works in the newborn nursery at holy cross...when you get closer to your due date, let me know so I can tell her to look out for you!

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Dr. Taslimi was my dr. from sincethe day I was born and he is now Riley's as well. He is awesome! Sometimes if he isn't available we don't mind having Mirza. He is great too! I would have to agree with Erika and say go with Taslimi and Mirza!

Erika-such a small world! lol!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, and I gave birth at Holy Cross if that helps at all. Fantastic hospital!!!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll definitely check out Dr. Taslimi & Dr. Mirza first then. I'm so glad to hear you guys have heard of them... it's so much better when I can go with someone recommended.

Erika -- How great that your mom works there! I will definitely let you know when I'm closer to my due date! It's really comforting to know that I'll know of someone there!!

Jennifer -- I'd love to hear about your birth experience at Holy Cross! Would you mind telling me about it? I did the hospital tour but I'd love to hear a firsthand experience. You can email me at conito102 at yahoo dot com if you'd prefer to keep it private. Thanks!

• Options

I had a great experience at Holy Cross. I was born there and it was a no brainer that I wanted to give birth to Riley there as well. I really have no complaints other than the NICU staff wasn't overly friendly. Riley had the cord wrapped around her neck at birth, so they kept her in the NICU for her entire hospital stay. It was difficult because I wanted her with me as much as possible but instead I would have to walk down to the nicu if I wanted to see her. They also do feedings every 3 hours in the nicu so if you want to be the one feeding them either formula or trying to bf then you need to be there or they will just feed them formula themselves. They are very strick in the nicu and it's only because they are VERY protective of the babies in there. Hopefully, you won't even have to have your LO in the nicu-but if you do, just know they are amazing at what they do and they will take great care of your baby but they are very serious so they kind of come off a little cold.

Delivery was fantastic! They listened to my needs, explained every step of what was to happen, kept me super calm and made my overall experience great! The hospital was clean and everyone was very professional. My ob was Dr. Calvo but she couldn't make it so I ended up delivering with Dr. Harper and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about her!

Since Riley was in the NICU the whole time, I really can't comment on how the nursery is but on the hospital tour we took as well, it seems just fine in there.

I think you made a great choice by choosing Holy Cross and I hope you have a great birthing experience like I did! I'll definitely be going back for any future babies! If you have any questions, please feel free to page me or email jrutherford21 at bellsouth

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

You'll be very happy with Dr. Taslimi...I wish I lived closer so that DD could see him.

Jennifer- that's so funny that he was your peds too! It is such a small world! He's so funny...everytime I saw him, he was always say, "what a beautiful, long neck"...LOL...he's the only person that's every commented on my neck! I went to the same school as his kids too; one was even in my grade. My parents were so upset that I didn't have Camryn at Holy Cross. But I LOVE my OB group and they only go to West Boca and Boca Community. I never really liked any of the Holy Cross OB's...I saw Dr. Calvo 2x and wasn't impressed. Plus, she and my dad had lunch in the cafeteria once and she told him all about my visit...I had nothing to hide, but come on, what happened to doctor/patient confidentiality, plus, my dad doesn't need to know anything regarding "down there".

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the input! I've never had any kind of surgery or ever been to the hospital for anything (knock on wood!) so I'm nervous about it to say the least! Holy Cross seems to have

My doctor is Dr. Adeboyejo who is in the same practice with Dr. Calvo and Dr. Harper. I've met with Dr. Calvo and I thought she was ok but I really like Dr. A so I've stuck with her. Although since my EDD is the first week of January, I have a feeling that I really won't know who will deliver my baby with the holidays and all. Glad to hear you liked Harper, I haven't met her yet, but good to know in case she's the one that gets the call!

Thanks for being so helpful ladies!!

• Options
    When I first met Calvo I was totally turned off! She rubbed me the wrong way. But I gave her another shot and she totally warmed up to me so I stuck with her. Dr. Adeboyejo is fantastic! She delivered my cousin just a few years ago. I've heard nothing bad about her. You made a good choice!
     BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"