Pregnant after 35
Options

Put on bed rest...

I went in for my 35 week appointment yesterday and left on bed rest until I deliver! My blood pressure had been normal during my entire pregnancy but yesterday it was 140/98! The did a non-stress test on the baby and it was fine. They had me lay on my left side for a half hour and then took my blood pressure again and it was 120/70...so they put me on bed rest. My house is a mess, the baby's room isn't done, I haven't tied anything up at work...

This is not what I expected. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Put on bed rest...

• Options

Sorry to hear you're on bed rest, but your health is more important than finishing stuff around your house.  Do you have family/close friends nearby who can help you get everything together?

Hope the next few weeks go by smoothly.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    I'm sorry. That really bites. Your health is a priority though. Can you tie up your work loose ends over the phone and email? The house and the nursery can wait. I'm sorry though, that must be so frustrating.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rsd12rsd12 member
    Like everyone said your health is more important! & trust me baby won't notice the nursery is not done ; ) We are not even doing one this time around.. baby will be sleeping in a bassinet in our room - we will do the room after he/she is born.  I am sure your husband can help pick up the house!  Honestly, would not worry about work - like the pp can you make calls to tie up loose ends?.. most important is you & the baby!
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you are on bedrest. That bites. However, you can have confidence that you're doing the right thing for you and LO! It's okay if your house is a wreck- people understand :)
  • Options

Ditto all PPosts!!! I am so sorry your on Bedrest but you have to take care of yourself. That is most important you and baby!

Just think now you can chat with us more. :-) haha

Sending big hugs cuz I know it sucks!

• Options
    Thanks...I just had this picture in my mind of bringing baby home to a "perfect" house...ha! There goes that idea!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"