Baby Names

opinions please

baby boy name... Noe (Noah in Spanish) pronouced like no-eyy

WDYT?

Missed MC 1 - 11/21/2006 Missed MC 2 - 03/10/2008 BFP # 3 09/18/09 - Gabriel David born 05/11/2010 baby

Re: opinions please

• I think that you and your child will have to pronounce it for everyone.  NMS, but not bad!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bay Area people will know how to say it b/c of Noe Valley.

But as a name for a person, nms.  I would hate to go through life always having to explain how to spell/pronounce my name (and my name isn't common, either).

• Loading the player...
  • erinmserinms member
    It looks like you live in Mexico. ?If so, and people know Noe as a name in Mexico, then I like it. ?Otherwise I would go with Noah.
  • If you're in Mexico or any other major Spanish-speaking area (like NYC or Miami or LA, for example), no problem whatsoever. And if you're not, as long as you don't mind correcting people's pronunciation, then go for it! I think it's cute.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would think it was either "no" or "noeee" (like Zoe or Chloe).  I love the name Noah - it's one of our top name choices for a boy. 
  • I think it's cute, as long as you are in a Spanish-speaking country/city. In most of the U.S., pronouncing it that way would come across as "No way."

Kind of like how the car Nova didn't sell in Mexico because there it means "doesn't go." 

I think it all depends on where you live/plan to live. But overall I think the name is cute. I think if you plan on being in the US I would pick something else like Moises. 

• I like the name, but just something to think about.....when he is in his terrible two's, you will be saying "No Noe" a lot.  Sounds funny.  That is the only criticism I have about it.  I went to high school with a Noe and he was a cutie! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"