Houston Babies

LisaK - Anti-Baths

Oh I feel your pain.  Avery has been pitching a fit for 21 nights now about taking a bath.  It used to be her absolute favorite thing to do and if I wasn't getting there fast enough, she'd come grab me and drag me to the bathroom.  Now it is downright painful to get her to take one and I have resorted to skipping a few baths to avoid meltdowns.  As it is, she just flails around in the tub while I do her bath with the shower head.

I have no idea what has triggered this, but I want it to stop.

imageimage
Pics by Fleurish Imagery

Re: LisaK - Anti-Baths

• mom2llmom2ll member
    Luca screams through his bath..  He REFUSES to sit down...  I swear his baths last about 3 minutes and we are lucky to get all the parts clean...  He used to LOVE them...  Crazy kids...
  • imagebpaullo:
    He REFUSES to sit down...

Orion has never sat in the bath.  He takes all his baths standing up and we use cups of water to rinse him.  Does she have enough toys.  We have some bath tub paint that we've been using the bribe Orion to take a bath.   

• Loading the player...
  • We have LOTS of bath toys and even a big ole bubble machine.  I honestly wouldn't even mind if she just wanted to stand and take a quick shower.  She just refuses to go into the bathroom altogether and fights me when I tell her it's bathtime.

I don't know what triggered it either and the thing is, she's so heavy and strong, that I can't handle her on my own anymore.  She'll try to wiggle out of the tub if I carry her there until she hurts herself by hitting her head on something, and it's just not worth it.  I hope she gets over it and over it F-A-S-T, because I just don't have the energy.  For the last 10 days, we have skipped about 2-3 baths and tried to use a washcloth just to wipe her down a little.  And like Avery, she use to LOVE taking a bath and even love taking a shower more (that was like a special treat). 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • imageLisaK2b:

We have LOTS of bath toys and even a big ole bubble machine.  I honestly wouldn't even mind if she just wanted to stand and take a quick shower.  She just refuses to go into the bathroom altogether and fights me when I tell her it's bathtime.

I don't know what triggered it either and the thing is, she's so heavy and strong, that I can't handle her on my own anymore.  She'll try to wiggle out of the tub if I carry her there until she hurts herself by hitting her head on something, and it's just not worth it.  I hope she gets over it and over it F-A-S-T, because I just don't have the energy.  For the last 10 days, we have skipped about 2-3 baths and tried to use a washcloth just to wipe her down a little.  And like Avery, she use to LOVE taking a bath and even love taking a shower more (that was like a special treat). 

Do we have the same kid?  I feel horrible sometimes because I have to hold on to her tight enough to keep her from busting her head open, but I am afraid I will end up bruising her.  I literally get her bathed in 2 minutes flat and it is the longest 120 seconds of my day.

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • This is a current tragedy of toddler proportions in our house. We let him shower because one spec of sock fuzz in the bath water sends him clamoring to escape. It is really sad.

...Currently, he has to have a bleach bath every night for a staph infection he's battling. We started yesterday and it will be continued for THREE months. Our lives are hell right now.

• Ok, don't actually have a baby yet (expecting in Nov) but here's a suggestion my grandma used to use.  One of my cousins went through the "I hate baths stage" and my g'ma sort of did an end run around it by giving her a bath in her laundry room sink.  She had one of those big "mop sink" type things in her laundry room that was/is bid enough to hold a small kid and the novelty of getting to stand/sit in the sink was enough to distract my cousin long enough to get her clean.  I know that my brother also went through a stage where he hated to shower/bathe in the tub but was more than happy to play under a hose with a bar of soap and some shampoo.  This being Texas, and summers being HOT, it worked out ok.  Good luck!!
  • imagebride2be79:
    Ok, don't actually have a baby yet (expecting in Nov) but here's a suggestion my grandma used to use.  One of my cousins went through the "I hate baths stage" and my g'ma sort of did an end run around it by giving her a bath in her laundry room sink.  She had one of those big "mop sink" type things in her laundry room that was/is bid enough to hold a small kid and the novelty of getting to stand/sit in the sink was enough to distract my cousin long enough to get her clean.  I know that my brother also went through a stage where he hated to shower/bathe in the tub but was more than happy to play under a hose with a bar of soap and some shampoo.  This being Texas, and summers being HOT, it worked out ok.  Good luck!!

You have no idea how many times in the last three weeks I considered giving Avery a bath in the backyard.  Yes

imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"