Working Moms
Options

question..

hi & hello, i've never posted over here just yet, b/c i'm still pregnant! doesnt feel right, yet. i'll wait til LO is here.

but my question...do any of you work from home? i posted this question on the SAHM board & havent got any responses. if you do work from home, what do you do? i would love to stay home after LO is born, but for financial reasons i have to get back to work. 

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: question..

• Options

I work from home as a travel agent...I am an independent contractor so it is my own business.  However, I don't make enough to stay home so it is just a side job---I still work a FT day job.  I wish I could make my business grow large enough to stay home but I generate my own business so it is a little slow to grow.

Bellastella227
    My prince and princess...
    <a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/bellastella227/?action=view
  • Options

I do occasionally, but mainly in the office. I'm in the IT field and can work remotely, but honestly having the kids at home is very distracting and no work really gets done unless they are sleeping and/or my DH is home.  I usually reserve it for days they are sick and need to stay home from daycare, etc. and realistically I'm making up the time when they are napping or in bed for the night.

If you are working full time you would need some sort of helper/nanny to watch the kid, or your work will suffer.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you want to work from home and be with your baby, then you'll probably want some small gig like etsy or something that will bring in a few hundred dollars a month. But if you want to work full time and get a salary and benefits and all that, then you'll need childcare. Otherwise it is way, way too physically, stressful and mentally exhausting to do it on your own.

I'm a paralegal and I work from home 2x per week but I have a nanny during that time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"