Indiana Babies
Options

Dear Moby Wrap,

Words cannot express the affection I feel for you. I owe you an immense amount of gratitude for saving my sanity. You have kept my anxiety at bay - gone are the days that I hold my breath as I put Ella in her PNP, hoping she won't start wailing the minute I try to wash the coffee pot (Also, Dear Coffee, I heart you.).

Sure, it may seem that Ella doesn't love you at first meeting. Don't take it personally when her adorable alligator tears hit you as she is scrunched into your loving arms. You've learned by now that once she's all snuggly, she sleeps more soundly than she does on Daddy's chest (shhhh, don't tell him!).

My days have gotten more productive - and therefore brighter - because of you. You're the best $40ish I've ever spent.

With love and admiration,
Happy Mama L

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Dear Moby Wrap,

• Options
    I definitely need one of those next time :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    I'm so happy to hear that, I got one off of baby steals and I think it will probably save my sanity in the dead of winter when I can't leave the house b/c its freezing cold outside and I have a newborn!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'll admit that I wasn't 100% sold at first. It took a few tries to get a hang of the wrapping, and then the first few times I put Ella in it she screamed.

I read in a book somewhere that any time you're trying to soothe a newborn (or any baby for that matter), keep doing what you're doing for 5 minutes before you know if it will work or not. So I recommitted to trying the Moby and sure enough, within probably 90 seconds she was out like a light.

• Options
    Do you have a sling or just the Moby?  If you have both, which do you prefer?  I'm trying to order one right now, but can't decide which to get.
  • Options

imagefruitcakes:
    Do you have a sling or just the Moby?  If you have both, which do you prefer?  I'm trying to order one right now, but can't decide which to get.

Both. I have a Hotslings sling, which I also love. My only issue with it right now is that I don't feel confident in my ability to get Ella in it safely and comfortably. I need to bring it in to the shop and have them show me again with  Ella.

And, I have a BabyHawk. I've used it once with great success. I just don't feel she's *quite* as secure in it, so I don't feel comfortable yet doing household stuff in it.

• Options
    Thanks (again)!  I promise that's the last thing I'm trying to order today that I need an opinion on Smile
  • Options

Hooray, I'm glad you've found success with the moby wrap!

Embarrassed I can't believe I'm admitting this but here goes... when I received my wrap, I tried it out... with Teddy in it. He *loved* it. He just laid his little chin on my shoulder and hung out. SO funny. I'm thinking if I'm comfortable with my enormously long, 32 lb. dog in it, a baby shouldn't be an issue. Hehehe.

::dies of shame::

• Options
    imagejac*n*abe:

Embarrassed I can't believe I'm admitting this but here goes... when I received my wrap, I tried it out... with Teddy in it. He *loved* it. He just laid his little chin on my shoulder and hung out. SO funny. I'm thinking if I'm comfortable with my enormously long, 32 lb. dog in it, a baby shouldn't be an issue. Hehehe.

I love this, because I would totally do the same thing if Sophie wasn't so wiggly. She looooves to cuddle and I'm sure would love it!

• Options
    I wish I had found it earlier, the few times I used it it was great.  It would have saved my sanity in the first month or so and probably allowed me much more cleaning time.
  • Options
    imagejac*n*abe:

um, yeah, i've joked about buying one for my dog. she would love it and then i could take her everywhere with me ::hangs head::

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"