Working Moms

Please tell me it gets better ...

I know it will, but I am sitting here crying because my daughter is at daycare right now ,  she is 16 months and this is her first time going to daycare . My mom has been watching her, but is in the hospital with cancer ,   I am sure that has something to do with my emotions right now, I just feel so bad that my daughter is at the daycare center  , I think I may be crying more than my daughter .....  Thanks for listening .....

Re: Please tell me it gets better ...

• FloF9FloF9 member
    I'm very sorry your mom is going through this.  You're definitely emotional right now - this is such a drastic change.  You're doing the best you can for everyone.  Your little one is having fun, interacting with other kids, playing, eating, growing.   Hang in there!! 
  • Big hugs. My mom has had cancer  and I know how difficult it is. I am sure that is really what a lot of the tears are about. Your LO is probably not crying at all. In fact, she is probably having a great time. There may be a bit of an adjustment for her but being around other kids her age is a good thing. It will help her develop socially. The best advice I can give is to just take things one day at a time.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know change is hard, and I'm sorry about your mom's cancer.  However, there is nothing wrong with daycare centers.  DS has a great time.  He loves all his "friends" and teachers.  They all love him.  There really is no reason to cry.
  • It gets better! My son was in the seperation anxiety phase at 16 months so it was really hard to leave him but he had so much fun all day - especially at 18 months when he joined the toddler room and started to really have fun with the other kids.
  • It gets better. ?Your DC is going to meet new friends, have new toys to play with, be learning from her peers, and have you to thank for it. ?

It gets easier to go after a while, once you know she is happy and healthy and loving it there. ?Give it some time.

I'm sorry about your mom.?

• She is getting some wonderful socialization there that she might not otherwise be getting. Try to think of that :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That is a really stressful situation overall! Your daughter will benefit a lot from daycare (socialization skills, early education, etc), so don't feel bad. I have teacher friends who actually leave their kids in daycare during the summer on a part time basis because they feel that it is so beneficial to them (routine, seeing their friends). You will soon see when your little girl will look forward to going to daycare.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"