Baby Names
Options

Nicknames

What do you think of Joey as a nickname for Josephine?
imageimage

Re: Nicknames

• Options
    It's NMS.

• Options
    I like it. It was supposed to be my name after my great grandmother and I would have gone by Joey.  I personally hate Josie which is the common nn.  (PS Great grandma told my mother 'dont you dare use that name'...apparently SHE did not like her own name!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EXL311EXL311 member
    I really don't like Joey.  I much prefer Josie.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Options

My friend Josephine goes by "Pina" ... I think that's a cute NN.  I like Joey, but part of me thinks it's too masculine. 

• Options

I happen to like it... :)

But when I was little, I was a tomboy and always wished I had been Samantha nn Sam or Cameron nn Cam or something like that. I hated my name! Of course, grew up to be quite girly so would love to have a feminine name to fall back on.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Joey sounds like a boy. I've never met a girl named Joey. Josephine is beautiful. Joey isn't.
  • Options
    I think of Dawson's Creek and I like the nickname.  It seems like one of the most natural ways to shorten Josephine.  Josie is a more feminine possibility if you're concerned.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love it! I like when girls have boy names.
  • Options
    I guess being a Dawson's Creek fan won me over years ago, cause I like it!
  • Options
    I much prefer Josie as a nn for Josephine. When I hear Joey it reminds me of Dawson's Creek, sorry.
  • Options
    I think it's adorable..I love boy names for girls! I knew a girl named Josephine and we called her Josie. But wasn't the girl on Dawson's Creek named Joey?? I think, but either way I like Joey!!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies. I think we are sticking with it. We are team green and decided on Joseph and Josephine for first names so either way our LO will be Joey. If LO is a girl maybe we will switch to a more feminine choice (if she's a girly girl). For now we like being able to call LO something other than baby.
    imageimage
  • Options
    i would also think to use josie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"