Adoption
Options

Finalization Progress - FINALLY!!

Our finalization process seems to be just dragging out.  I have been the main point of contact w/ our attorney but my messages had started to go unanswered and last week DH got frustrated and called...surprise, surprise, there was actually progress! 

That VERY afternoon, the court received ALL of the items that they had listed as outstanding (for over 2 months...our attorney and agnecy said these items had been sent multiple times but court continued to say they were missing them). 

So, last night we got a call from the court invesigator and we are meeting w/ him next weekend...YIPPEE!!  I feel like the ball if finally rolling again and this MIGHT happen by the end of summer or early fall!! 

Re: Finalization Progress - FINALLY!!

• Options

Great news! 

It stinks that the process has been dragging out, but yay for progress now! :) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay! Here's to smooth sailing from here on out!
    Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options
    I hope everything flies by for you now.  I know how frustrating it can be.  The court in Texas lost all of our files and we had to wait and wait to get the termination hearing done out there.  Then we had to wait another 4 months for the finalization.  Ben was 10 months old before we finalized.  Hopefully, all is good now and you can get going.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    that is great- ours continues to drag on and on.  Hope you get results soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Great news!

So, what happens at this meeting, and what steps would follow?

• Options

My understanding is that this is another mini-homestudy meeting w/ an independent third party.  We were told to a lot about 1.5 to 2 hours for our meeting.  I think they just want to get the feeling DD is in a secure, loving environment, etc.

I think the next step after this report is submitted to court is that we will be getting a court date for the finalization hearing:) 

• Options
    Yay!  It feels great, doesn't it?  I too know how frustrating it can be...our finalization process was put on hold for several months after our original adoption worker suddenly quit.  I hope it's smooth sailing from here on out!
  • Options

Great news for you.

Can your DH call the consulate in Canada for me??

• Options
    ha ha ha..He told the attorney that he was more than willing to come to his office or the agency attorney's office, pick up the paperwork and deliver them himself to court...pretty much whatever it takes, there is NO reason this should be taking so long...needless to say, it got the necessary attention and court got what they needed:)
  • Options
    yay for you! Just sux that they needed that "push".
  • Options

We have calling our Congress people trying to get help.

For some reason they(US Consulate) can't discuss our file with us but the y can our congressman who we don't even know. ???Tongue Tied

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"