D.C. Area Babies

baby shoes

I realized the other day that we have about 4-5 pairs of baby shoes what Warner has never worn. Honestly, it's never even occurred to me to try to put shoes on him. That isn't bad for his feet, is it? Do you those of you with little ones put shoes on them yet?

Re: baby shoes

• I was just reading about this the other day on babycenter.com.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_your-babys-first-shoes_60.bc

I my pedi also told me that it can hinder them from forming a proper arch? I am on the same boat though, DD has so many shoes I don?t know what to do with them.  Many of my friends out shoes on their babies especially if they are going to be outdoors.

• I think it's fine to put them on him if you want to since he's not walking yet. Once they start walking I think peds recommend only soft soled shoes (like Robeez, etc.) until they get the hang of it because it's important for them to be able to feel the ground.

We never put shoes on DS because it's just too much trouble - and he seems to have hot feet like his father. It flips my MIL out, but I don't even put socks on him. I figure, it's July, if I am comfortable barefoot he is too!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had shoes (Robeez) on DS when it got colder in the fall and winter, but as soon as it got warm enough he has been in nothing but bare feet.  He has super flat feet (which look just like his Poppy) so I don't think his feet can get any flatter, but it has helped him being barefoot so he could try to support and grip with his toes.  He's just about ready to stand on his own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • They say that bare feet is better when they are little. I didn't put shoes on carter until it got cold out and just used robeez b/c they helped keep his socks on. Once he started cruising I used robeez and pedipeds.
  • DD still doesn't wear shoes, but she is on the verge of walking.  I'm getting ready to have her fitted for shoes for walking/playing outside when she starts daycare in September (and whatever their inside shoe requirements are). 
  • little man is walking a bit (he'll take a few steps and either fall or just decide to sit down and crawl) and he doesn't wear anything on his feet.  he probably won't until he is walking pretty well or it gets too cold for his little feet.
  • I've tried shoes a few times.  He thinks they're a fun toy.  He either crawls around chasing his feet until he takes them off or tries to eat them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My girls only wore baby shoes for pictures until they were walking.  Even then, they only wear shoes when they are walking outside.
  • DS only wears shoes when we're outside (Most of the time.  If we're in the yard, I'll let him go barefoot) or in public.  I got him a pair of shoes in the winter to keep his feet warm, but he only wore them when we were going somewhere. 
  • I believe that if they are soft-soled shoes, it is ok to put them on.  If nothing else, they help keep their socks on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"