Pregnant after 35
Options

39 Week Appointment

An internal exam... baby is still head down.  No stripping of membranes, as my practice does not do this (or let you know if you're dilated or not). I'm actually glad as I don't want to know.  And I only need this little one to stay inside for 3 more days?all is set to go with my DH's health insurance as of 8/1!

I have my next appointment (the 40 week one) at 39w5d, next Tuesday. If I haven't had the baby by then, they'll schedule my induction for the following week. So there's an end in sight. And I'm fine with an induction at 41 weeks... I don't want to go any longer than that.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: 39 Week Appointment

• Options
    Oh my gosh Robyn - the end is near!!!  You will have your baby boy in your arms before too long.  I am soooo excited for you!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow - I can't beleive it's almost time already!  I recall you mentioned in a previous post that you had dropped - you'll need to update your photo so we can see! Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks, ladies!  And the best part of my appointment... I LOST 1 lb from last week. I'd gone up over 3 lbs between weeks 37 and 38 and was perplexed. But I think it was all water retention, as my feet and hands were majorly swollen. Today I can actually type without pain.

And I'll update my sig pic tomorrow, but here's a comparison from last Thursday and last Saturday.

imageimage

Of course I'm closer to the camera in the 2nd photo, but I think you can tell the difference. At least *I* can. 

• Options

I can see a difference in the 2 belly shots too. I can't tell if you've "dropped" but you do look fuller and lower for sure in the photo on the right! Yes

I'm so excited for you, Robyn. Any day now!

• Options
    You are almost there!  BTW you look fab! :)
  • Options
    Three days- whew! No problem! YAY Robyn!
  • Options
    Wow, Robyn, I can't believe it is time for you already! There is definitely some increased distance between the top of your belly and the girls. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you make it until the 2nd (an extra day for some insurance about the insurance).
  • Options
    Wow! I remember when you 1st got PG! Where does the time go :-) Congrats!
  • Options
    steverstever member
    imagerobynlesley:

An internal exam... baby is still head down.  No stripping of membranes, as my practice does not do this (or let you know if you're dilated or not). I'm actually glad as I don't want to know.  And I only need this little one to stay inside for 3 more days?all is set to go with my DH's health insurance as of 8/1!

I have my next appointment (the 40 week one) at 39w5d, next Tuesday. If I haven't had the baby by then, they'll schedule my induction for the following week. So there's an end in sight. And I'm fine with an induction at 41 weeks... I don't want to go any longer than that.

Word to that. Congrats Robyn!

• Options
    Yeah Robyn - so excited for you!  Keep him tucked up in there for just a bit longer Smile
  • Options

Oh my gosh Robyn!  I still remember when you got your BFP!  Doesn't seem that long ago.  Praying for the little on to stay put until 08/01.

Best wishes!

L. 

• Options
    It definitely looks like you have dropped, so hopefully it won't be too much longer.  Glad to hear you have insurance worked out.  Fingers crossed that your LO stays put for a few more days, but not too much after that. 
    DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options
    You have such a great attitude about delivery!  I am well, impatient. 
  • Options

imageMoiselle:
    You have such a great attitude about delivery!  I am well, impatient.

Well, things may very well change in a week...  You have every right to be impatient!

• Options
    Congratulations!  It's so strange to me, seeing everyone getting so close!  I still kind of think of everyone where they were when I first joined back in March.  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Oh and Casey "guarding" the door is hilarious.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I too remember when you got your BFP, only 3 weeks before mine! You look great, good luck with everything in the next 2 weeks!
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    Stay in little guy, I am going tomorrow for my 37w 2d appt. I am hoping NO internal, I am still high but getting more presssure, GL
  • Options
    WOW!  Yep, you definitely did drop there Miss Robyn!  So very excited for you and hubby.  It's just a few more days, can't wait to meet the little guy!
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    glad everything is right on track for you~  here's to a few more days!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That's wonderful news. I hope the little guy hangs in there for a couple more days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"