Washington Babies
Options

? Ashley ?

Hey,

I bought the huge cupcake pan! Anyway, I'm wondering if you used one or two boxes of cake mix for it...Oh, and did you make your own frosting or dye store bought? I want to make butter cream frosting, but I'm not sure how well it will hold up in this heat! Hope you're feeling better! 

?Christina

Re: ? Ashley ?

• Options
    ::butting in::
    I actually have Ashleys cake pan b/c I used it for Norahs 1st bday party last weekend! I used 2 boxes but Im pretty sure I could have gotten by with one. When we filled up the 2 sides it seems pretty shallow but as it rised, it got fuller. I just scraped off the overflow and it turned out great! I also used Wiltons butter cream frosting and it tasted really good!

Good luck! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks! Was the butter cream frosting a mix or a recipe? I would experiment, but with the crazy heat wave I don't want to run the oven more than I have to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey how'd you get those cute little hearts up there??

Yeah I usually have to use about a box and a half.  Fill it till it's about an inch from the top.  It'll overflow a little but I like it to so I can cut it off flat at the top.

Did you seriously ask if I made my own frosting?!?  You're crazy woman!!  Of course I used store bought!!  Haha  But make sure you die it with the Wiltons gel die that you get from like a craft store, actually I've seen a couple colors at the grocery lately.  These....

Good luck!!  Let me know if you need help with anything else??  

BTW is the party at the new house or old house??  I forgot to look on the invite!

• Options
    It's at our Tacoma house! Thanks for the tips!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"