Two Under 2

Was anyone successful in TTC without a pp AF?

If so, did you just have sex and hope for the best??!?! And when did you test? I feel like without a pp AF, it's possible, but unlikely and difficult. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated :-) 

Re: Was anyone successful in TTC without a pp AF?

• I'm wondering the same. Although I'm BF and was told by my doc I had to stop if we wanted to get pregnant again
  • Well, we weren't really trying but I never had an AF pp.
  • Loading the player...
  • We did, however we weren't trying.  My Dr told me at my first appt for my second pregnancy that it is very easy to get pregnant right after you deliver.  I guess I missed that information in the hospital....  I only BF for 3 weeks and got pg not long after that (I guess it was right at 6 weeks). 
  • NannaNanna member
    Us. ?I didn't have a PP AF. ?I nursed until DS self-weaned at 9 months. ?I figured AF would return at that point and we would then start TTC #2. ?Turns out there was no "trying" required since we conceived on my first PP ovulatory cycle.
    imageimageimage
  • imagemrscc1209:
    I'm wondering the same. Although I'm BF and was told by my doc I had to stop if we wanted to get pregnant again

Why did you dr. tell you you'd have to stop BF to get pg?  Although I did get one AF before getting pg, my one AF came back at 9 mo pp while still EBF (well, she was also eating solids).  I got pg 3 weeks later (cycle was still off from before getting pg with DD).  I nursed DD up until she was 12.5 mo old (3.5 mo pg).

I have also heard that your first 6 weeks or so after delivery is a very fertile time (not sure why).  My friend's brother was conceived when she was 6 wk old because her mom thought BF was all that was needed as a birth control.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We were. We were kind of going the route of not preventing but not really trying either. More of a whatever happens, happens :)

I was BFing DS as well. I tested because I was feeling so sick all the time and was feeling much like I did when pregnant with DS. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Liz342Liz342 member
    I also disagree with stopping BFing to get pg.  You don't have to stop but might have to cut out a feeding if possible.  DH and I started TTC # 2 this cycle and I starting charting and discovered I wasn't ovulating, so I stopped getting up at night with DD to BF and DH would give her a bottle instead.  30 days into my cycle I ovulated and I'm testing this Saturday!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageLiz342:
    I also disagree with stopping BFing to get pg.  You don't have to stop but might have to cut out a feeding if possible.  DH and I started TTC # 2 this cycle and I starting charting and discovered I wasn't ovulating, so I stopped getting up at night with DD to BF and DH would give her a bottle instead.  30 days into my cycle I ovulated and I'm testing this Saturday!!

im not TTC #2 yet, but I agree with the pp. DS started to sttn from 8-630 for about 2 wks (before teeth came in) and then I got my first ppp, since i have had one more. and Im pretty sure im ovulating. I dotn thin kyou need to stop Bfing to get pg, many people have.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were waiting for my AF to return before we started trying, but we weren't doing anything to prevent.  I ended up getting pregnant before AF came.  I didn't test until I had a pregnancy symptom - in my case, slight nausea and gagging.  I was about 7-8 weeks pregnant at that point.  A few weeks before my positive test I actually thought that I had gotten AF, but it turns out that it was decidual bleeding (3 days worth at medium-light flow).

For the record, I breastfed all through my first trimester, but it was just at wakeup and bedtime.  I think that weaning from the daytime feedings is what kicked off my cycle.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"