TTC after 35
Options

Back from revisit consult w/RE

Hi ladies -

We met with our RE today to discuss a plan after our early m/c IVF cycle in May.  He feels that my protocal was appropriate, but thinks more meds might help.  Also since the cycle w/my son my left ovary has decided to be a dud and underperform, so essentially we're working w/my right. We might get 1-3 eggs off of my left but double - triple that from my right.  We discussed microdose Lupron protocal; he doesn't think it's necessary since I don't have ovarian reserve issues.  However, I do have a "resistance" issue so it wouldn't be totally unwarranted.  He said he was comfortable w/either and left it up to me.  Also encouraged me to lose some weight and continue the exercising I've started in the past few weeks; he thinks whichever protocal will go better w/being somewhat healthier.  So...we'll wait and see if I get AF on my own (I did this month which was surprising as I am usually not ovulating) and then get started. I just have to think about which protocal - to change or not to change?! (I will have more meds regardless)  He finished by saying "I really think you're still fertile...I have no concerns about you guys being successful."  So that was nice. 

Thanks if you read this far!  GL to everyone!

Re: Back from revisit consult w/RE

• Options
    Good Luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That sounds like an encouraging apt. 

Good luck with whichever protocol you decide to go with! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear it was a good appt. ?Good Luck!
    Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I'm glad all went well and your RE has such a positive outlook!!

GL!!! & lots of baby dust!

• Options

once again sorry about your m/c in May

glad you have a plan with your RE, and yay for his positive comments on being succesful with you.

• Options

Hi, Lilac.

That sounds encouraging to me!

You'll make the right decision regarding protocal.

GL with everything. Lots and lots of baby dust coming your way.

• Options
    I don't know much about the protocols (yet), but good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"