D.C. Area Babies

Baby expenses, 6 mo and beyond

I am trying to some planning for new expenses/purchases we'll have to make in the next few months.

We have a convertible car seat and a jogging stroller.  I guess we'll need a high chair in the next couple of months.  What else?

TIA! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby expenses, 6 mo and beyond

• clothes

exersaucer

jumperoo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I'm glad someone asked this...we're definitely about to run into the clothes problem. Everything we had pretty much was 0 through 6 months and once we get to 9 months, he's going to have 3 outfits!! I'm hoping people will have some good toy/gear recommendations.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • we have less unforseen expenses

things you'll need - bibs, maybe one of those cover-ups you can put into a highchair when you go out, you can also use it in the shopping cart; maybe placemats for the restaurants; toys to keep LO occupied

food! this is probably the biggest new expense, I do make some baby food myself but I also buy some jarred food and cereals. Everything I buy for DD (including veggies I puree) is organic.

if you don't have a blender, and plan to make your own food, you'll need one

outfits are weird - at 8mo she would wear one that was 18mo and another that was 6-9mo; don't buy too far ahead, as you don't really know what size your DC will be

shoes once DC starts walking

swim diapers, sunscreen, sun hats

baby gates and other baby-proofing items if you don't have those already

• Oh, good call on the baby gate!

I got stuff for making baby food for my birthday so I think we are covered there. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Along the food front you'll need bowls, spoons, sippy cups

Definitely don't buy clothes too far in advance.  Things have really changed with his sizing and he definitely didn't need as many outfit changes during the day because of the reduction in spitting up or messes.

TOYS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • clothes, toys (musical table, walker, etc.), diapers, solid foods (we used the jars, about $3 a day for3 months now he eats what we eat), bibs, spoons, utensils
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am my own worst enemy about buying stuff - I won't even explain why I now have three rocking 'horses.'  The Superyard with extension has been useful since the pack n' play is pretty small now for playing.
  • imageNowDNAtoo:

Along the food front you'll need bowls, spoons, sippy cups

Definitely don't buy clothes too far in advance.  Things have really changed with his sizing and he definitely didn't need as many outfit changes during the day because of the reduction in spitting up or messes.

TOYS!

I second the issue with clothing.  We have already been through 6, 9, and heading into 12 month summer clothing.  DS was a preemie and quickly caught up, and kept growing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"