Alaska Babies

i love love love nursing naps :)

and esp right now b/c my LOs have been having some serious trouble with daytime sleep (in relation to a growth spurt for the most part i think.)  so it makes me so happy to see them comfortably sleeping :)

when they were newborns they would take nursing naps a lot, esp in the evenings.  they would stay latched on and nurse throughout a long nap, sometimes unlatching after an hour or more.  anyway, today they have taken TWO nursing naps :)  it's been a while since they've both wanted to do that, and when i'm home by myself with them i have to balance their needs.  usually the little man would love to nurse to sleep for naps but my lady is most often re-energized by nursing and wants to talk (loudly) when she's done ;)

anyway, it's the best :)  just wanted to share!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

Our successful cycle was IVF #2: Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 2 beautiful blasts transferred.

email me: gretchela@hotmail.com

Re: i love love love nursing naps :)

• I love nursing naps, too!  My LO does this a lot. :)
  • I agree! Last night (so not a nap, but nursing sleep) it was storming real bad. Lots of lightning and thunder and hard rain. DS woke up and wanted to nurse and fell back asleep nursing. I got to snuggle him and watch him nurse everytime the lightning lit up the room until I fell back asleep too. It is the best!
  • Loading the player...
  • Cal & I have taken to sleeping together after nursing in the morning.  Side-lying nursing didn't work for us in the beginning, when he had latch issues and my boob was so big compared to his little head, but recently I had the stomach flu and had no choice BUT to nurse him lying down.  We've been doing it ever since (in the night/early AM hours) and we always fall back to sleep together.  It's a nice feeling.  :)
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Side-lying is my absolute favorite way to nurse Gabriel.  I love the way he nestles into my body, and just fits so perfectly.  I feel like he gulps less that way, too... and thus gets less air, and doesn't spit up as much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"