Washington Babies
Options

Hungry all the time?

J has been feeding pretty regularly every 3 hours. But yesterday and today he has been super fussy and hungry every 1-2 hours. Do you think it could be the heat? Is it a growth spurt? Ugh, it's so hard to know what to do.

Re: Hungry all the time?

• Options
    My vote is growth spurt!  The nice thing is that a growth spurt usually only lasts a couple of days....just as you think you get it figured out they go back to wanting to eat every 3 hours again!
  • Options
    I have no advice but had to say I saw the title of your post and thought "Why yes, I am hungry all the time! How did you know?!" Embarrassed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    haha, I thought you meant yourself, too :) Yes, there is the common 3 weeks growth spurt, which he could be getting to. That's my guess!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KNemoKNemo member
    Ah cluster feeding. I know it well. Sounds like the 3 week growth spurt like Leanne said. Make sure to use a LOT of Lanisoh. GL mama!
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Options
    Babies are so smart!  They know when a growth sapurt is coming and that they'll need m,ore milk in a few days.  So they start nursing more so more milk is available!
    ~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • Options

I have learned that there's really no point in trying to wrack your brain to figure out "why" something's happening, unless you have reason to believe he's sick.

It really doesnt' matter if it's the heat, or if he's going through a growth spurt does it?  He's hungry.  So just feed him.   You wouldn't do anything differently if it was the heat vs. growth spurt right?  So dont' stress about it.  :)

• Options
    Pearly...you read my mind!  My son, who turns 3 weeks tomorrow, is eating every hour to two hours right now and it is making me tired :)  He was on the every 3 hours before that.  And, yes, it is also making me really hungry!  Good to know...3 week growth spurt.
  • Options

in our moms group, we discussed this topic and it seems to be a reoccuring thing with babies this week.  anyways the verdict was that it was due to the heat and since babies sweat and need replishing of fluids just like grown ups due, their frequent fussiness for feedings is their way of saying, "i'm thirsty!  feed me!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"