Nurseries and Baby Gear

Re: Too much?

• Options
    I love the colors, but I think the patterns clash a little bit.  It's a bit busy for my taste.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The colors are pretty, but it might just be too much!  Either paisleys or circle...not both...
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I like the colors and it has the potential to be really cute.  Here are a few things to keep in mind: 

1) you totally don't need the diaper stacker, the Moses basket or the toy sling thing.  A white base lamp with a pink or green shade could easily replace the matchy-matchy lamp.

2) You could probably do a solid curtain instead in a coordinating color

3) Your crib will have the front on it....which I think will help tone down the bedding. 

• Options
    I think it looks really cute together, but I'm also a fan of mixing patterns as well. I agree with the pp about not needing the diaper stacker of the moses basket. I also think the pic showed everything crammed into a small space where in a nursery it would be more spread out and if you tone it down with some solid colors that would help out a lot. 
  • Options
    I love it and I think if you keep the walls simple and the accessories for the rest of the room simple it will look fabulous!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Options

I like the bedskirt a lot, but I'm not a huge fan of the circles on the bumper.  I know a lot of people don't plan to use the bumper (or won't use it for long) though.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it depends on how big the room is and how much you spread the stuff out.  Also the color of the walls will play a factor.  If you think that all of the accesories is too much then you can always get some of the stuff in solid colors to match.
  • Options
    I really love the colors and the paisley print, but not the polka dots one... too busy with the polka dots I think.
  • Options
    ZAngelZAngel member
    I think if you went with solid curtains and a solid diaper stacker, you should be fine.  There is so many patterns going on there that you really need to keep the items with it to a minimum. 
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I love mixed patterns, but i think the issue with these 2 are that they are too close in size. A nice, small dot would work so much better as an accent. Can you use a piece of the paisley and find new accessories with smaller dots to use? It is quite pretty!
  • Options
    I'd be careful about all the busy prints... remember the baby will be sleeping in there and you don't want it to be too stimulating Big Smile I'd pick one pattern and maybe accent with a small dot pattern or solids.
  • Options
    Yes, too much--do one pattern only. I love the pink and green though!
  • Options
    Too much for me.   Paisley or Dots would be plenty.   Don't want to give the kid a seizure.
  • Options

You know what's too much? 

That siggy.

• Options

I think it's really pretty.

What I hate are those photos--where every possible accessory is crammed into a tiny area, so almost any set looks like overkill. When it's in a larger space, it'll look more balanced. It's definitely a busy pattern, but in a real room I think it'll work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love the combination of all the different patterns.  And agree with the pp, it might look like overkill because it's all crammed in one corner.
  • Options
    Yes. Maybe go with a solid cribskirt and different drape (solid possibly or see if you can buy the bumper fabric by the yard).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like the colors too, but as others have said it's a bit too much pattern for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"