2nd Trimester

Craving: Coca-Cola

This is the only craving I have had, and it only started a few weeks ago.

I had been doing no caffeine up until then. Now, well I limit myself to one Coke a day.

It's just sooo yummy. Anyone else crave this?? 

Re: Craving: Coca-Cola

• So drink it. ::shrugs:: I have 2 cans a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do!  I give into when I want it too.  I keep the 8 oz. cans in the house.  I mostly will drink it when I get a headache but when I crave it I'll have one.  The doctor says one a day is perfectly fine.  Enjoy!
  • Loading the player...
  • ablouablou member
    I do the Mexican Coke ... no HFCS.  It was my nausea saver in 1st tri, and it helps with my headaches in 2nd tri. 
  • You must be craving it too, then!!!!
  • I do, but I drink caffeine free coke.  I like it just as well because it tastes the same and then I can save my caffeine intake for chocolate....which I eat plenty of!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, but I can not blame pregnancy.  I crave it all the time.  I am a regular Coca-Cola addict who is doing without most of the time.
  • ablouablou member

imageSheila.Scully:
    Yes, but I can not blame pregnancy.  I crave it all the time.  I am a regular Coca-Cola addict who is doing without most of the time.

Hey!! My DH hails from the Fort, too!! The only baby anything we really have is an IPFW Mastadons onesie. 

• Coke Slurpees are my new BFF
  • imagebeachykeen1723:
    Coke Slurpees are my new BFF

OH heck yes!  I had one of these at the movies, and really, it was *divine*!!

• imageablou:
    I do the Mexican Coke ... no HFCS.  It was my nausea saver in 1st tri, and it helps with my headaches in 2nd tri. 

Same here. Unfortunately HFCS makes me so sick during this pregnancy, so Mexican Coke is a godsent.

• yep that or a pepsi and it has to be almost ice cold.   and really the colder the better.   i have a couple per week-typically when the craving strikes.
  • imageJenice32:

imageablou:

Same here. Unfortunately HFCS makes me so sick during this pregnancy, so Mexican Coke is a godsent.

Okay, explain this Mexican Coke to me. I am imagining a bunch of pregnant ladies slipping across the border with little coolers . . . 

Where might a bumpie find some of this Mexican Coke? 

• imageFloraK8:
    imageJenice32:

imageablou:

Okay, explain this Mexican Coke to me. I am imagining a bunch of pregnant ladies slipping across the border with little coolers . . . 

Though I don't shop at Costco, I hear they sell it. I'm in Los Angeles, so just about every Mexican and hispter restaurant serves it. Some cases, it's the only cola they sell. It tastes SO much better than the regular stuff!

• I am not a big Coke drinker, but just yesterday I wanted a vanilla coke so bad. I do however love Dr. Pepper and will drink it when I crave it.
  • Yes!  It started happening about 2 weeks ago and we rarely drink anything excpet for water in our house!  Lately I have been really craving coke.  I will only have one every couple of days just because it makes my stomach hurt afterwards but it sure is good going down!  I also have been craving chocolate!  I feel like when I would go on my period and have to have chocolate!  So I give in a little bit.  Oh well as long as you don't over do it I think it's fine!
  • I drink Pepsi all the time. Really...all the time. It takes quite a bit of soda to be in the caffeine "danger zone".
  • yes, i crave it and i rarely drink soda. it has to be over ice, too. yummm. one a day is no big deal!
  • ablouablou member
    imageJenice32:
    imageFloraK8:
    imageJenice32:

imageablou:

Though I don't shop at Costco, I hear they sell it. I'm in Los Angeles, so just about every Mexican and hispter restaurant serves it. Some cases, it's the only cola they sell. It tastes SO much better than the regular stuff!

It's coca-cola made in Mexico with cane sugar instead of HFCS; it comes in glass bottles.  They do sell it at Costco  (if you have one).  Here, they sell it at nearly every grocery store (since we're so close to Mexico).  You might want to try the ethnic foods aisle.  If there are any Latin groceries near you, they probably sell it there.   

• They make caffeine free. Not diet or anything, just without the caffeine. It tastes just like regular coke. I love it. 

I was seriously addicted to caffeine before (like 6 cups of coffee some mornings) and I decided to just cut it out completely for my pregnancy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"