Pennsylvania Babies

Car Seat Compatability?

We're registering tomorrow and I wanted to check out the compatability of a few of the carseats we are considering, as mentioned in Baby Bargains. For infant seats we're considering the Graco SnugRide 32 and Chicco KeyFit 30 - for our SUV model no information is listed for any infant seats at www.carseatdata.org. We're looking at Britax models for the convertible seat - and the only one that has information for our car model is the Marathon.

Is there a way to find out if a seat is definitely incompatible with your car? Or is this usually not an issue? You would think the newer models of all cars would be across the board.

Re: Car Seat Compatability?

• The Snugride and the Marathon fit in my tiny Nissan Sentra with the smallest back seat I've ever seen, so for your SUV you should be fine!

But I think BRU lets you take them out and position them in your car to see how they fit.

• At BRU you can pull your car right up and test them out to see how it fits!
  • Loading the player...
  • Great, thanks ladies!!
  • I have the Chicco and LOVE it.  We bought an extra base so we each had one for our vehicle and DH still uses it in his Durango (DS is only 16lbs).  The Chicco is a little heavier than others but we loved the style and the safety rating.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for your input. It is definitely between the Graco SungRide and the Chicco. Both seem to have the best safety and parent reviews.

Does your LO seem to get really hot in the infant seat? That has been one complaint that I've read online with the Chicco.

• imagespunkielexis196:
    I have the Chicco and LOVE it.  We bought an extra base so we each had one for our vehicle and DH still uses it in his Durango (DS is only 16lbs).  The Chicco is a little heavier than others but we loved the style and the safety rating.

Same here! Of all the things I registered for/purchased, I'm the happiest with Chicco. The girl who installed our carseats said the Chicco seats are her favorite and whenever she has kids, this is what she is getting.

ETA: I don't think Brynne gets hot in her seat. I also see that your baby is due in December, so the thicker fabric could be a good thing. HTH!

• fxz109fxz109 member

We have a Graco snugride (not 32) and DD always seems hot when we take her out of it.  Same with the Graco Metrolite stroller, so it's probably an issue with either type of car seat you go with, not just the Chicco.

• I agree. Adam sweats in any car seat - last summer's Snugride, and this summer's Evenflo and Britax.

I think it's more the rear-facing thing since no air can blow directly on them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"