Blended Families
Options

WWYD?

My 7 year old daughter hates going to her dad's house, right now she has been going every other week because of the summer, and then during the school year he has her every other weekend....when he does have her, she spends alot of the time with his mom, but when she is at his house, she calls me to come home, and he won't let her. And then when she does get home, she tells me that his step-kids hit and kick her, and ask her where her dad was, and every time her ask her that, she always says that he was sleeping on the couch, or he was outside and all the kids where inside by themself, including the baby....and she also comes home hungry, and says she hasn't had lunch or breakfast, and that they wouldn't let her have anything to drink.....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: WWYD?

• Options
    Have you tried talking to him about this? Kids have a tendency to exagerate a little, so it's possible DD is making it sound worse than it is. So before you jump to conclusions, maybe talk to your ex and just tell him what DD is saying and ask him if it's true or not. If all he does is sleep on the couch and doesn't do anything with her or take her anywhere, then maybe he doesn't really want her there that much and he's just going by what the CO is, so you could always give him the chance to lessen his time with DD if that's what he wants and DD wants.
  • Options

If he's reasonable and you think he's unaware of what's going on, I'd start by talking with him about your concerns. I'd just ask him to make sure that gets some basic care and do more to intervene between her and his stepkids.

If he's unreasonable or knows what's happening and doesn't care, I think I'd either email or call and confront him and let him know that things will change immediately or you'll be requesting an amendment to your custody agreement.

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"