Pregnant after 35

Meltdown

I am such a baby lately.

My husband wanted to take maternity pictures.  I don't like having my picture taken even at my most fit, but I saw his point, so I let him.  

I think I would have been fine if he hadn't showed them to me.  Uuuuurgh.  When did I get arm cellulite?  My face looks mannish, I have extra weight all around my jaw and chin...  The belly's huge, but I was expecting that, it's all the rest that alarms me.

I cried and cried, then made him delete the pictures.  I told him we can try again, but I need to put long sleeves on and try to find an angle that's less unflattering to my face!  I feel so vain and silly...

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Meltdown

• Don't feel silly.  You have to look back and be happy with what you see.  We shouldn't be so critical of ourselves, but we are.  Don't worry.  Just plan a reshoot and enjoy the next batch!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • M.AmyM.Amy member

I completely understand how you feel. My DH forced me to take photos when I was 30 + weeks because there were no photos of me pregnant at all!

I wore clothes that covered my problem areas and made me feel slimmer. Also, I have three chins so we tried poses that did not have me looking straight in the camera.

Try looking at yourself in the mirror for angles that work for you!

• Loading the player...
  • I know how you feel...I feel the same way..you know...last time we hired a photographer to take pics..it was great because she actually deleted the unflattering ones before I saw them! ?If you want to see them, I can send yo a link...but, I felt much better since she knew what angles to take, what lighting looked good, and would even say things like "lift your chin up..I don't think you will like what's happening with your neck if I take it right now"...It was great.

Also....I did get back to my old figure, and you will too!?

Proud mom to DD Born Oct. 26, 2007, and DS Sept. 2, 2009
  • Amy- I am sure you look beautiful!
  • awww sweetie...its ok to feel this way but don't worry I am sure you look great!!! Here's something to ponder at least they didn't make it on Facebook!!! My shower pics did and there is nothing I can do about it.

Big hug!

• Not silly at all.  This is the exact reason why I opted to not take maternity pictures. 
  • I'm sure you look just fine.

Those picture perfect pregnancy shots I see are many times the result of photographers using photoshop, soft focus, shadowing and other tricks.

There is no way I would want pictures taken of me pregnant - at least not up close or partially clothed. Although I love my belly and the gift inside, stretch marks, cellulite, road map veins, track marks from daily shots, skin tags and bloat are not my friends.

((HUGS))

• Thank you, guys!  It makes me feel a lot better just knowing I'm not the only one feeling this way.  I just feel so silly and vain.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"