Working Moms

F/U to last rant and WWYD

Here's a link to my last rant -

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/19164734.aspx

So, I have talked to ALL of DS's teachers in the Teal room and talked to the lead teacher in the Green room.  They ALL recognize that DS is bored silly in the Teal room and really needs to move up to the Green room, but there won't be a FT space in the Green room until September. 

I've been told that I can talk to the center's director, but there's not much that can be done - the Green room is full, and the older kids in that room won't be ready to transition until late August early September and that's just how it is.  They can't add DS and be over their ratio.

SO - what do you think would be worse for DS......pulling him out of this daycare and putting him somewhere else where he'll be put in a room that matches his skills, or leave him here and wait patiently until September while he's bored senseless and starting to act out?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: F/U to last rant and WWYD

• If I were in your situation, I'd hold out until September.  It's only a couple weeks away.   Any chance he could do some activities with the kids in the Green Room- realizing of course they probably need to maintain their ratios, but if a kid is out sick or on vacation, maybe  he could spend time in the room?  It would probably help with the transition process as well.   

My DD loves her daycare, so I'd be reluctant to change centers, especially if it is for a defined period of time - 4 weeks or 6 weeks.  I still think I'd mention it to the center's director, even if your DS is not in the Green room perhaps they can come up with some activities to keep him interested/challenged in his current room.    Good luck!

• September is a month away.  I promise you his brain will not rot in a month.  There are plenty of kids at home with their moms who have no access to any older kids and they don't all turn into serial killers.  I kid, I kid.  In all seriousness, we went through this a few times and while it's annoying, I try to look on the bright side which is that my son really likes his teachers so at least he gets a few more weeks with them.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't dealt with this yet, but that time frame you give is really close.

Are the other babies moving up ahead of him? That I would have an issue with, but if there isn't a spot yet, but will be in a month, I would just wait. And the idea about if there is a sick kid is a good one.

• Given that it's a month away, I would instead push for them to do some activities with DS once a day that are more age appropriate until his transition. ?If they refuse that, I'd consider a new center.

?

• I'd hold out until September.  It's only a month.
  • Can you ask the director if your child can visit the older room whenever one of the other kids is out?  I know that is what they do at my daycare when they are transitioning kids to the next room and it really works great.  If you are really happy at this daycare (sorry didn't read the other post) than I would not leave over a matter of a month or two until your child moves - talk to the director first and see what can be done.  I am sure that over the next month, people will be out for vacation or sick.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • I'd wait, since it's only a month or so.  Do they do any kind of transition?  If the other kids are moving up, maybe they could go visit the other room and ds could go visit that room for a while each day.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"