Working Moms

Great call from daycare

Like any working mom, you hate seeing your daycare number show up on caller ID.  At a few mins after 8 this morning, there it was.  But it was a great call - my 16 1/2 month olds teacher called to tell me that my DD had pooped on the potty this morning.  (1st time ever).  So exciting.  She peed on the potty for the 1st time Sunday before bed.  I'm not pushing the potty training but she is showing interest and wants to sit on the potty whenever her big sis does (they actually were fighting over the potty last night!) and I am having daycare put her on the potty at ever diaper change which we are also doing at home.  I figure, based on how my older DD did - from her first showing interest to being in underwear was 9 months since we had a lot of starts and stops and weaning interest and I was not pushing it at all - if we stay on the same pace - my house could be diaper free by the time my younger DD is 2 in March.  The thought of not having to buy diapers anymore is awesome.  Older DD was older when she trained day and night at the same time which was great but I know is very rare.  Heck, if I can get my younger DD daytime trained and only in diapers for her nap and over night - life would be good!!!!
Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 

Re: Great call from daycare

• FloF9FloF9 member
    Wow that's really super.  My kids are 25 months and far from PT.
  • My oler DD didn't train until she was 2 years 9 months so this is super early but I'm super excited even if it takes her a while yet - she is starting early which I hope is a good sign that she'll be out of diapers sooner than my older DD was.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"