Two Under 2

help me decide re: sq footage/kids rooms..

Okay, we have 2 bedrooms designated for children. 1 rooms is for my daugher Angie, the other will be for newborn twins.?Room A is smaller with 2 closetsRoom B is larger with 1 large closetWould you:a) put the single, older child in smaller room with 2 closets and twins in larger room with more floor space, less closet spaceb) put twins in smaller room but each would have own closetPlease explain your reasoning.Thanks gang!?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: help me decide re: sq footage/kids rooms..

• I would go with Option 1 just because I think it would good to have more space with twins. Of course, I've never had twins so I'm not sure about that.

I never got to say Congratulations!! I'm sure your twins are going to be as beautiful as your DD. She has the best eyes I've ever seen on a baby :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Call me crazy but for some reason I think you are having a boy and a girl twin...So, I would go with option b so that I could keep the twin clothes seperated...but if the twins are both girls then it may not matter as much.

However, I would still give older DD the bigger room and use it as a play room too, then when girl twin is older I would move her in with her big sister and give boy twin his own room. 

Again, this is under the idea that you are having a girl and a boy.  If you have twins of the same gender then I would give them the bigger room since you can keep their clothes together.

• Loading the player...
  • Janey-

I would do the larger room since your twins look to be identical you will probibly have them share clothes for awhile anyways.

Plus you can use one of DD's closets for storage and one for her clothes...

:)

• I would go with option A. Then if you need more closet space you could always use one of Angie's closests for extra space if you needed it.

My DS has two closets in this room, we use 1 for his stuff and one for our stuff because we have an old house with no hallway closets. We keep the vacuum in there, luggage, extra sheets, etc.

• Congrats! I agree your DD is so beautiful! I would do the large room for the twins and small for your DD. If you need more room for their clothes you can always put some in the other closet in DD's room.
  • bigger room for the twins.  Hands down.

Closets can be shared, manipulated, have storage tools added, etc.

I keep random stuff in the kids closet's that's not specific to them all the time.  My 14 yr old's closet has old maternity clothes, the 3 yr old's closet has the potties that the 18 month old will be using to potty train, and the 18 month old's closet has gift wrap in it.

Closets are flexible, floor space is not. 

You'll want the room to move around, space for  2 cribs, and eventually room for play with the twins.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"