Working Moms

Dropping off 13 m/o for 1st day @ daycare - who should go: me, DH or both?

We both kind of want to be there for DD, but also don't want to make the separation part worse.  I guess it might not be as traumatic if only one of us drops her off.  Or maybe it doesn't matter either way?  Your thoughts?  Who dropped your DC off for their first day at daycare?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dropping off 13 m/o for 1st day @ daycare - who should go: me, DH or both?

• I dropped DD off alone though she's only 3 months so separation anxiety was more an issue for ME than her.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • I aways to drop off and pick up.  DH will do pick up every once in a while if I have to work late.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • If she's used to being home with you all day, it may be easier if DH drops her off the first few times. 

I'm now a SAHM, but will occasionally drop DD off at her old daycare for the day just so that she can play with her old friends and teachers.  We've found that when I'm the one dropping her off, she gets really upset and cries for a few minutes when I first leave.  The few times that DH has dropped her off, she had a much easier time saying goodbye and mixing in with the kids.    The same thing happens with the daycare at the gym: if I'm the one leaving her, she screams bloody murder.  If my mom or DH drop her off, she doesn't cry at all. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"