Baby Showers

Poll: gift giving

Just wondering how you ladies feel about gift giving.  Say someone gives you a gift first.  A week later, it's your turn to give them a gift.  Not sure if this matters, but say you earn 2x as much as what the other person makes.

Do you feel like you want to give something back around the same value as what they give you?  Or does their gift have no barring on what you give?

[Poll]

Re: Poll: gift giving

• I will NEVER understand why people give gifts based on gifts they received from the recipient. 
  • I go by what my budget is for the gift. If they give me something really nice I might feel a little bad that I can't do as much but I still have to stay with in my budget. Especially with LO on the way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagedeltagirl79:
    I go by what my budget is for the gift. If they give me something really nice I might feel a little bad that I can't do as much but I still have to stay with in my budget. Especially with LO on the way.

This sounds like me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have to say that sometimes if somebody gives me a gift and it is more than I expected I will try to add something to my gift but it depends on the person/gift
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"