Parenting after a Loss

accidently washed baby clothes in regular detergent??

Must be pregnancy brain.  I had the dreft sitting out when I was doing a load of Katelyn's new clothes and I just put in our regular detergent without even thinking. When the load is done can I then wash the same load in dreft and it will be fine or what do I do?  Will the regular detergent wash out after I use the dreft.  This is probably a really stupid question - sorry.
BFP #1 - Missed Miscarriage at 12 weeks, D&C on 11/22/08. You will always be missed and loved BFP #2 - 11dpo 3/11/09, BABY KATELYN IS HERE! BORN 11/19/2009 BFP #3 - 10/22/10 HCG #800, 10/24/10 HCG #1600, BABY JACOB IS HERE! BORN 6/21/2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: accidently washed baby clothes in regular detergent??

• I've never used Dreft. I have always washed Jocelyn's clothes in Tide Free with our clothes. But, if you are worried about it irritating her skin, you could wash them again. Personally, I probably wouldn't worry about it. If I was asked before she was born, I would have re-washed them. Now though, eh I'd just wait and see if she had a reaction to the detergeant.
  • ummm.... I wash Jacob's clothes with mine and dh's using regular detergents all the time.  and I am addicted to OxyClean....

If it makes you feel better, then rewash.... if you are not stressed, don't worry...

oh, and I never washed any of his clothes before he was born... or before he wears them.  he's never had a skin issue.

• Loading the player...
  • We use our normal detergent too...I use to sort and use special detergent for Jax's clothes...that only lasted about a month! :)
  • I always wash DD's clothes with our clothes, and our normal detergent. If I had to wait til I had a full load of her stuff to do wash, I'd be waiting forever since baby clothes are so tiny! And I hate to waste the water by not doing a full load.

I think you'll be fine. I never used Dreft at all, just use regular Purex HE and she's had no reaction at all. I even use *gasp* fabric softener (though it is unscented)!

• we have always washed stella's clothes in regular detergent & she has always been fine (and she is a preemie with super sensitive skin still living in the NICU).  don't worry about it!
  • imageBarnStar:

I always wash DD's clothes with our clothes, and our normal detergent. If I had to wait til I had a full load of her stuff to do wash, I'd be waiting forever since baby clothes are so tiny! And I hate to waste the water by not doing a full load.

I think you'll be fine. I never used Dreft at all, just use regular Purex HE and she's had no reaction at all. I even use *gasp* fabric softener (though it is unscented)!

Dreft actually has softener in it.  We have always washed DDs clothes with ours but we use pretty mild det. anyway.

• I wash all clothes together in a free and clear detergent but if you are worried you can re wash them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"