Two Under 2
Options

While on maternity leave - daycare schedule - WWYD?

So DS goes to a nanny/daycare 3 days a week now (8:30-5:30). While I'm on leave with #2, I told her I would keep him there for 18 hours, which at the time I figured would be 2 full days. Now that the time for that to happen is getting closer, I'm wondering if I should do 3 short days (9-3), I asked the nanny and she said it didn't matter to her.

So, WWYD?

Re: While on maternity leave - daycare schedule - WWYD?

• Options
    Keep his schedule as normal as possible. We kept C on her regualr daycare schedule and it gave me time to rest and bond with Julia.
  • Options

In My Opinion- My daughter will just be turning one with my son is born in two weeks, so these are just my thoughts and what we plan on doing:

I would say keep on the same or very similar schedule. Maintaining similar schedules will help with the transition from one LO to two for both you and your son.

My daughter currently goes to daycare from 7:30am to 5:50pm M-F. We plan on keeping her on her schedule but picking her up a little early, like around 2-ish (right after nap time), I want to keep the normalcy in her days but also have that extra time with her while im not working. But im open and flexable. We will see how things go!

Good Luck 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would go with the 3 days 9-3 option. It will keep his schedule fairly close to normal while still giving you some extra quality time with him.
  • Options
    DS currently goes to daycare 5 days a week, 7:30-4:30.  While I'm on leave, I plan to still send him everyday, but the hours will probably be more like 9:30-2:30.  So he'll still get a structured schedule every weekday, but I will also get to spend more time with him.  If your DS goes 3 days a week now, it is probably a better idea to keep those days and just use less hours.
  • Options
    I'd go with the 3 short days because it keeps him more on his routine and I'd think it would be a little easier on you not having to get 3 people up and out the door as early in the morning on those 2 long days. 
    Erin & Rick - 9/30/06
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I kept my older DD's schedule as normal as possible as I knew having the new baby in the house was enough of an adjustment for her.  It worked out great for everyone - older DD kept her routine and really did great with the adjustment and I got my time with the baby alone. 
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    My DS goes to day care 3 full days a week too. I am not changing that while I am on maternity leave. I dont want to mess up his schedule and I want come time alone with DS#2. DS#1 will still be with us 4 days a week, so he will be able to bond with his brother and get used to the changes, and he will also be able to keeps his schedule. Plus he loves day care, so I actually feel good about sending him there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"