Pregnant after 35
Options

1 appt down, 1 to go this week

My regular OB appt seemed a little anti-climatic this week given that I am having my big u/s on Thursday. It's always great to hear my LO's heartbeat, but since I've started feeling it move around that didn't offer that huge relief that it did earlier.

I was, however, horrified to find out I've gained 6 lbs since my last appt! I hadn't gained any at my 14 week but am playing catch up now. 

Re: 1 appt down, 1 to go this week

• Options
    Dont worry about the weight!  You'll loose that when you breastfeed.  Any guess on what you are having?
  • Options

Anticlimactic appts are good! :)

No sweat about the 6 lbs. It's a mere growth spurt. I gained SIXTEEN in the first trimester (when most people didn't gain much at all). It leveled off. I've gained 31 total now and am totally okay with it. You'll be fine :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was so nervous for the big u/s. It was so exciting though! I hope Thursday comes quick for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Woo Hoo for your big ultrasound!  And I agree with Moiselle, you'll lose the weight. Don't worry too much?though if you want to keep an eye on what you eat, that's OK.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Good luck with the big U/S Thursday.  I hope that baby cooperates (if you want to find out what you are having).  Don't worry about the weight issue.  I really have stopped keeping track.  I honestly have no idea how much weight I have gained to date.  My dr never mentions it, and I am in blissful ignorance.  Try it - it keeps the stress level down.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Good Luck on Thursday!

Like everyone else said don't worry about the weiht.  It will go away. If it makes you feel better I gained 6 in 2 weeks a few weeks ago.  THat was a killer! ;-)

• Options

Thanks ladies. While seeing that number was shocking, I am actually not overly focused on my weight right now. I just, honestly, didn't feel like I was eating that much more than normal, so I was only expecting a couple of pounds. Clearly, I was wrong. 

OK, maybe I could have eaten a little less ice cream.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"