2nd Trimester

Pregnancy Announcements and Registry ?

So once we have our 20w u/s we're going to send out pregnancy announcements. If we know for certain the gender they'll be labeled.

So here's my issue....

I want to put on the announcements where we are registered. I just can't figure out if I think that's presumptious and rude or okay to do. I don't want people to feel like they HAVE to get something. But I'm not going to be able to invite everyone to the shower and a lot of family and friends live far so I'd like for them to at least know where we're registered. we got married a year ago so I just don't want to seem like a gift hound.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
I LOVE MY THREE KIDS! :)
imageimageimage
Want great discounts?? Want to earn free Scentsy or even earn some extra money??
Click on the logo and ask me how!

Re: Pregnancy Announcements and Registry ?

• I definately wouldn't put that on the announcement.  I think people will think you are routing for a gift ..even if thats not your intention.
  • I would NOT do that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly, I wouldn't. If people want to buy you a gift, they can ask where you are registered.

I've alway found it extremely tacky that people put where they are registered on formal wedding invites, so I think this would fall under the same category. It makes it seem like "Look at us! We are doing something and you should give us gifts for it!"

YKWIM?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • If you put where you are registered on a pregnancy announcement, that already is making the assumption that you are looking for gifts. If someone receives your announcement and wants to buy you a gift, they will contact you to find out what you need or where you are registered. If it was a shower invite, I think it would be more acceptable. But not on an announcement.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't put the gift info on there unless it is an invite to a shower. If people want to get you something, they'll call you and get the info.?
  • imagelarlar08:
    I definately wouldn't put that on the announcement.  I think people will think you are routing for a gift ..even if thats not your intention.

This. I would never send pregnancy announcements.  Birth announcements after baby is here - yes. But I would not put where we are registered on those either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the pp.  A shower invite is the place for registry info.  If they want to know where you are registered they will ask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yeah don't put that on the card...i didnt even send out a card for my bridal shower (well who threw it didn't) like someone said if they want to buy you a gift they will ask
  • That wouldn't be an annoucement - that would be a gift grab. WAY tacky. It is tough to get that info out but if people want to know they will call and a lot of people want to go pick out their own cute things. It sucks that it won't be your stroller but what can you do?
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with everyone else. Do not put where you are registered on the announcements (unless you want to come across as greedy).

If people want to get you something, they will find out where you are registered.

• I wouldn't put any registry info on there.  There are so few place to register for a baby anyway, people will figure it out or ask.
  • I think both the announcement and the adding your registry is tacky. You should call friends and family and share the news. The end.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Thanks ladies! guess I should follow my gut instinct huh? I kinda felt like it was presumptious and rude, but someone told me they didn't think so. My gut did though. I'm jsut not one of those girls who is all stylish and up on what's popular and whatnot. So sometimes I need "guidance" ehhe

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    I LOVE MY THREE KIDS! :)
    imageimageimage
    Want great discounts?? Want to earn free Scentsy or even earn some extra money??
    Click on the logo and ask me how!
  • I wouldn't put registry info on an announcement either. It does sound like you are asking for a gift. People who want to know where you are registered will ask.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EMTXEMTX member

NOOOOO! Don't put registry info in the announcement.

It's technically bad etiquette to put it in any shower invites, too (baby or bridal).

Guests are supposed to contact the host of the events to ask where the person is registered.

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"