Working Moms

A really great daycare day

I don't usually post too often, usually just lurk, but my little guy had the best day at school today and I wanted to share!

Today was his first day transitioning to his next room- he'd been in his current room from about 9 months till now-- he went over there for the morning snack and stayed the whole day and had a blast.  He loved getting to play on bigger outdoor toys, apparantly helped well at clean up time, colored a project as well as his left leg, and seemed to be really happy to be with the bigger kids, many of whom he knew a little from when they were in his previous room with him.

I'm sad for him to move away from his old teachers who were great, but it's SO exciting to see him moving to his new room and I think he will learn so much.

That's all-- I'm just excited and wanted to share :)

Re: A really great daycare day

• I totally understand! I remember when my dd moved out the infant room. I think she was happier, too!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I know how you feel.  My younger DD moved from the Busy Baby room which is part of the infant program last month and she just loves the toddler room.  There is only 1 other little kid really close to her age and it happens to be someone that we know from our ECFE class.  She is so much younger than the other kids in her room right now but she could care less and is doing awesome.  My center has the kids start visiting the toddler room at 15 1/2 months and they officially move up between 16 and 18 months based on how they are doing.  My DD loved the room from the 1st time she went and officially moved up the day she was 16 months and has never looked back.  I do miss the infant room staff though and am sad as I know I will never have a child in their care before - they did an amazing job with both of my girls.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"