Houston Babies
Options

Worst mom moment today ...

I'm just sick even typing this out.

We were at the gym and the rainstorm came up just as we were getting ready to leave.  The car was parked close to the entrance, so I got my towel and covered Marion up (of course the umbrella was in the car and no on at the gym was going to help us.)  I wasn't even running, just fast walking to the car and slipped and fell on the pavement, as I was holding Marion.

I managed to get my body twisted so that she landed mostly on me.  I fell on my side and kept her up on my chest for the most part.  Her head did clunk the cement, but not very hard, my elbow got most of it.

Not a single person came out to check on us, and of course, it happened right in front of everyone.

I just went to the car in tears, Marion was screaming and it was just horrible.  She was more upset by getting the rain in her face than she was hurt and she calmed down as soon as I got her in the car and gave her a cup of milk.

But still, ugh ugh ugh.  I'm so pissed no one even checked on us and I just feel hollow inside when I think about what could have happened if I hadn't been able to cushion her landing.

ick ick ick.

Re: Worst mom moment today ...

• Options

That's not a bad mom moment - that's an accident!  A scary one at that!  Glad you're both ok - I'm sure it scared her more than anything.

And people are jerks!  I would SO help out someone who fell in a heartbeat - especially a mom with a baby.

• Options
    I am glad you are ok.  It is crazy how we are able to position a fall to shield the little ones.  The gym people are punks for not coming out to check on you guys.
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hugs! We've been there and done that and it is scary as all hell. Once DH slipped down 4-5 steps with Reagan as a baby in his arms and ended up on the floors with her cradled on top of him. SO scary! You did a good job protecting her mama! People have no courtesy anymore to check on others.
    Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekreeper611:

That's not a bad mom moment - that's an accident!  A scary one at that!  Glad you're both ok - I'm sure it scared her more than anything.

And people are jerks!  I would SO help out someone who fell in a heartbeat - especially a mom with a baby.

Ditto this!!!  Just an accident - you did as much as you could at the time.  Sounds like she wasn't really hurt since she calmed down quickly. 

I have bonked DS's head on stuff when I haven't been paying attention and have been carrying him in my arms Embarrassed.  I am not used to the additional "appendage"!

• Options

i'm glad you and M are ok.  and like pp's said it's an accident, and everyone who saw you and didn't help suck.

i did that once, with my niece, and it wasn't even raining, so i think i know the guilt you are feeling, but it's not your fault.  it was an accident. 

{{hugs}}

• Options
    That is so scary!  My mom had that happen once when my niece was quite small as well!  It's awful that no one bothered to make sure y'all were okay.  Although you're undoubtedly bumped, bruised, and scraped, at least you and Mar weren't seriously hurt!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Unfortunately, accidents happened and it wasn't your fault....  So don't be too hard on yourself.
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options

Oh my gosh, my heart literally hurt reading that. Oh you poor thing....and poor Marion.

Ohhhhhh, my heart  hurts just thinking about this situation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    glad y'all are ok!  I can't believe people wouldn't help you!  Ugh!! 
  • Options
    I cannot believe no one came to check on you guys!!!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options

Cindy - knowing your husband did it, and on steps, makes me feel a lot better Smile

I know accidents happen, and she falls all the time around the house, it's just that while it was happening, I felt so helpless.  That's such a bleh feeling, you know?

• Options

Oh no poor mama!! I know she is just fine and won't remember a thing. But you are stuck with the memory of it.

I cannot believe no one came out to check on y'all. That's outrageous. 

This goes without saying, but you are a terrific mom. 

• Options
    PAGASPAGAS member

I hope you are both okay!

That is not a worst mom moment at all, it is an accident all the way~

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options
    Please don't feel guilty!  There was nothing you could have done to prevent it - not one lapse in judgement, nothing - just a complete accident!  I'm glad you are both ok!
  • Options

I'm so sorry that no one checked on you, I can only hope they didn't notice. Focus on the positive and that neither of you were hurt. I promise she won't remember this :-).

On another note, I saw your posting on the main board about sunscreen lotion. As you may recall, I had a Melanoma removed, so I'm also very cautious around the sun.  Per my dermatologist, the lotions don't work nearly as well as plain broad sprectum UVA/UVB sunblocks. My dermatologist said if I used them, I needed to use them WITH sunscreen. I highly rcommend Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 85. It works very well, no smell, and no greasy ness. Hopefully your biopsies come back as nothing serious.

• Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you guys and so glad that you're both okay. It totally sucks that no one came out to make sure you both were okay... I know that had to make a tough situation that much worse.  But like everyone else has said... it was an accident!  They happen to everyone. You're an awesome mama and a wonderful example for all of us.
    Wyatt James born September 14, 2008
  • Options

Kat, I'm so sorry to hear that.  I had the exact same thing happen to me with Charlotte and it really shook me, too.  I was carrying her in the sling back from Bible study to my car (not even raining), and I stepped off of the curb and twisted my ankle wrong, and went straight down on my knees (somehow I caught myself on my hands and knees), and Charlotte was directly in front of me in the sling.  Her head also kind of hit the concrete, but not hard, because she was suspended enough in the sling that it prevented her from really hitting hard.

No one saw it so no one came to check on us, but I remember sitting on the curb and just sobbing because she was crying and it scared her, and I was SO, so upset thinking about what if I didn't have her in the sling and she had really hit her head, etc.

UGH.  It's miserable.  I'm so glad you guys are okay.  And the people at the gym are f*ckwads for not coming to check on you guys!!!!  Are you SERIOUS???  A mom and baby fall in the rain and NO ONE comes to check on you?  Ridiculous. 

• Options

that sucks that no one came to check on you.  I hope you both are ok today.  It wasn't your fault, just an accident. 

If it makes you feel any better, M has fallen outside and hit her head on pavement more than once, she's always bounced back pretty quickly. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry.  How scary that ust have been and as for the onlookers who did nothing I have no words.  What is wrong with people?

Thank goodness you were able to cushion the fall. I hope you are both ok. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"