New York Babies

NY short term disability - maternity leave help!

Hi all, I'm trying to navigate through my work's maternity leave policies and found that I get 5 sick days + 6 weeks paid 100% salary + this very vague extra group of 26 weeks paid at 60% salary of "an approved short term disability period".

I'm planning on taking 5 months for maternity leave so having those last 14-15 weeks paid at 60% would be AMAZING.... but does anyone know how you can get maternity leave 'approved' with the state for short term disability? Will this just take a ton of doctors notes?

Let me know if you've been through this successfully before!

Re: NY short term disability - maternity leave help!

• After my sick leave ran out, I went on STD, but it definitely wasn't for 26 weeks.  I had a c/s so I was approved for STD for 8 weeks after the birth date (you get 6 weeks if you deliver vag).  I think you could get more time if there were delivery complications and a medical reason, but I'm not sure if you have a "normal" delivery, if it would be approved.  Also, the STD company called me to verify things, so I don't know how easy it would be to get a full 26 weeks if it's not medically needed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"