Baby Names
Options

Do you like the name Brynn?

We are considering using it. Any middle name ideas? My grandma was named Leota, is that a horrible middle name?

Re: Do you like the name Brynn?

• Options
    LOVE it!  Wish it went well with my last name.
  • Options
    CHI-06CHI-06 member

Love it!

Brynn Leota sounds fine... if the name has meaning use it!  How often do you even use your middle name?

Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Brynn. And I think it works with Leota (it's nms, but it's a family name, you're using it as a mn, and it flows well with Brynn). Other suggestions for mn: Marie, Elizabeth, Nicole, Gabriele, Margaret, Katherine. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    No, I don't.?
  • Options

imagesmallfry4:
    LOVE it!  Wish it went well with my last name.

this.

• Options

No, I don't.  I don't dislike Brynna and Brenna.

Leota....no offense to your grandmother, but unless you really, really love this name on its own, I wouldn't use it.  It sounds like a disease, imo.  Or a body part.  I'm not a fan of using family names just to use a family name.

• Options
    Adore it.  My SIL's name is Brynn and her mn is Christine.  No one really hears the middle name after the 1st week of a child's birth- I love using family names for middle names. 
  • Options

I love the name Brynn! We thought about using it as a mn, Katherine Brynn.?

Brynn Leota doesn't sound bad.?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    I LOVE Brynn!!!!  and in honor of your grandmother i think leota is fine!  otherwise i think brynn avery is so cute!
    BFP ~ November 3, 2008...David Spencer born sleeping March 22, 2009 due to IC June 11, 2009 TAC placed by Dr. Haney July 16, 2009 BFP March 15, 2010 delivered healthy baby boy by C-Section
  • Options
    I think it's a pretty name, but it's nms.
  • Options

I think it's a nice name. And I think Leota would be a cool middle name. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's a nice name.
    Blank!
  • Options
    LOVE BRYNN!!
  • Options

NoBrynn Yes

Leota

• Options

NoBrynn Yes

Leota

• Options

it's ok

i think Brynn Leota flows fine

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love it, DH and just started ttc but we have mostly agreed to name our first girl Brynn Elizabeth. I think leota is a cool middle name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    erinmserinms member

I like Brynn a lot. ?I think Leota is not great, it reminds me of Ray Liotta. ?But, I really like using family names, especially for middle names. ?Did your grandmother go by Leota? ?If not, you could use whatever she went by. ?If she did go by Leota then I think it would be fine to use it.

Other mn ideas:

Brynn Louise

Brynn Rose

?

• Options

Brynn is DD#2's name. :)

Her mn is Christine after my H's grandmother, but we only use family names for MNs. Contrary to what pp's said, in our family, we do say MNs often.

I think Brynn Leota flows fine, even though I'm not a fan of the name in general.

• Options
    I, personally, do NOT like the name Brynn. But I think it's one of those "I used to know someone named...." stories for me. I knew a girl with this name and her last name was Barfnech or something, and it sounded like "Barf-Neck" and so... that has ruined Brynn for me.
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    I've never been a fan of Brynn. It seems like it's missing something. I like Brianna or Breanne more.
  • Options
    I've loved the name Brynn for years! The mn is fine- it has meaning!
  • Options
    I think of Brynn as a NN for Brianne or Brenna, because that's who I know. I think Leota is cool but with Brynn, no. Esp. because together it sounds like Brinley.
  • Options
    Love it and Brynna, Brenna, etc. but DH said no "Br..." girl names.  Too close to his name and he thinks it looks like we're trying to name her after him.  FWIW, we wouldn't use his name for a boy.  He doesn't want anyone named after him.
  • Options
    NMS
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Options
    I personally do not like it at all
  • Options
    I love it. I think that middle name sounds beautiful with Brynn.  :)
  • Options
    LOVE Brynn. 

I'm pretty sure that Madame Leota is the name of the bobbing head in the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.  :-) It's not horrible since it's a family name, but I might consider a variation of the name, like Leona, Lena, Leta, Leann, etc.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"