Upstate NY Babies
Options

Advice/Vent

A word of caution to the moms of younger babies or moms-to-be. Probably one of my worst decisions was to get a high chair with a cloth fabric cushion. I'd say like 60% of the food Justin tries to eat doesn't make it into his mouth- it gets all wet and sticky, then stuck/dried onto to the fabric. Not to mention stains... My MIL has a vinyl/plastic-ey seat on hers which I consider a MUCH better choice.
imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Advice/Vent

• Options
    totally agree...just like the bibs. I only invest in those vinyl-like bibs because you can just wash them in the sink and let them air dry instead of machine washing those cloth ones all the time.?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    uh oh.. I wonder what ours has.. its still in box but i have a feeling its cloth. What highchair do you have?
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    uhh.. it says it suede.. but it wipes clean. somehow i don't believe them.. on either account.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    We got ours at a consignment sale- it's by Baby Trend. If you don't pull the wet cheerios off ASAP they are like cemented on...
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the info.  I registered for the FP Precious Planet High Chair.  The description says "spun polly with nano coating".  But it looks pretty plasticy in the picture, so I will have to double check next time I'm in BRU.

But originally we had registered for the FP space saver high chair that you just strap onto your regular chair.  I had been thinking about it because our chairs actually have a fabric cushion, and I was wondering how well that would work.  This convinced me to not bother with it and spend a little extra on a full size cleanable high chair, thanks!

• Options
    Thanks! I think ours is plastic....it is still in the box, but it is the FP space saver.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"