Philadelphia Babies

Yoga in Philadelphia area

anyone know of a good yga studio or an instructor who has worked with pregnant women before? i need one asap

Re: Yoga in Philadelphia area

• I went to the yoga garden in Narberth for prenatal yoga and loved it.  They have classes on Thursday evenings and Saturday morning with 2 different instructors.  I think there may be a place in Manayunk that has a prenatal class as well. 
  • thanks, i'll look into that
  • Loading the player...
  • Also Twisters in Ambler has yoga (including pre-natal) classes available. Prenatal classes are every Wednesday night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • where are you?

i take prenatal yoga through Abington hospital. its through the birth education dept. I love it. The woman who teaches used to teach through chestnut hill hospital but moved over. it meets on thursdays at 6:45 in warminster.  i used to do regular yoga, but this is nice as it has more emphasis on stretching and preparing for childbirth. less quick up and down repetitions that really could wipe you out in pregancy

• I go to Yoga on Main in Manayunk.  There's an amazing instructor named Jade that holds classes mainly on sundays.  She's a nurse, so she really understands a pregnant woman's needs and limitations.

Good luck!

• I took an awesome post-natal mom and me class at the Lithe Method at 17th & Latimer in CC.  They also offer a prenatal class, I kept meaning to try it and never got around to it.  They have a studio in Northern Liberties too

It isn;t pure yoga, it is a really interesting yoga-pilates mix.  I loved the class I took.  GL!

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I second Yoga on Main in Manayunk. I took Jade's class from 12 weeks through to my delivery and will absolutely go back for pregnancy # 2!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks eveyone, I'll look into all of these studios to see which is best for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"