Philadelphia Babies

Bryn Mawr Women's Healthcare - 1st Ultrasound?

Hi all

Saw that a few people here go to Bryn Mawr Women's Healthcare - I was just wondering if you all had an ultrasound at your first appt?  I will have my first at 7-8 weeks, and I don't want to get my hopes up if it is their standard not to do them.

Thanks!

Re: Bryn Mawr Women's Healthcare - 1st Ultrasound?

• I know that the one in Newtown Square doesn't actual have a machine in the offices.....they send you downstairs to get it and they only did one for me b/c i didn't know what the due date would be! Or they will send you to the hospital to see the pernatologist. I wouldn't get your hopes up for this visit but when you go to see them just ask they will give you a timeline so you know! 

Hope that helps!

• I did not get one in the office.  I had already had one to date the pregnancy, but that was before I switched to them.  When you get an ultrasound, you need to go over to the perinatal center at the hospital. 

Good luck and congrats!

• Loading the player...
  • I did not have an u/s until 20 weeks and then it was at the hospital--neither of their offices have the necessary equipment in house. I thought I would get one to date the pregnancy (silly receptionist giving blatantly false information) but they sent me for bloodwork instead, which was conclusive in my case so I didnt need the u/s. I would definitely say dont get your hopes up. Even IF they do an u/s to date your pregnancy it will be at a separate appointment at the perinatal testing center at the hospital.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had one to date my pregnacy at 7w4d but that is b/c I just went off the pill and we had no idea when I got pregnant..they did tell me I wouldn't be getting it if I had somewhat of a normal cycle..so I would think it would be 20 weeks..I also had to schedule the appt at a mainline outpatient place..good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"