Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

PSA: Buy Buy Baby in Plano - Now Open

Checked out BuyBuyBaby in Plano tonight.  I personally liked it better than BRU.  Greater selection and better layout.  Not to mention, you can use the 20% coupon mailer from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Re: PSA: Buy Buy Baby in Plano - Now Open

• Options
    Woo HOO!!!  Can't wait to go!
  • Options
    Thanks for this!  I drove by last weekend and it didn't look like they were open yet...

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cool, I'll have to check it out!  I like that you can use the 20% off coupons!
  • Options
    Sweet!  I think we're going tonight to get a carseat adaptor for the stroller.  Even better that we can use the 20% coupon!
  • Options

Woo Hoo just got a BB&B coupon in the mail. 

Shopping trip!!! 

• Options
    Oooh!  I can't wait to go check it out, thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    Ohhh, I can't wait to go but I don't have a coupon. :(
  • Options

W0000000T!!!

They are literally five minutes away from us - this is going to be GREAT!  I may have to go wander around at lunch, hee.  :D  I'm so glad they're open now - no more BRU if I can help it, especially after reading THIS article:

https://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1911832-1,00.html

:)

• Options
    Great! I cant wait to go. We went a couple of weeks ago and were bummed since they weren't open! BRU is very over priced!
  • Options
    Excellent!  I'll have to head over there today :)
  • Options
    SO excited that it has finally opened! I've been wondering how soon they would be up and running. I can't wait to go check it out!
  • Options

I told the manager that I would tell ppl about the store opening.  I know that there was a post a couple of weeks ago about the store.

My sister and I walked out saying Bye Bye BRU ... we found a new favorite store for our little ones.

• Options
    I wonder if they take the coupons that have expired like BBB does? If so, I've got like 30 of them I can give away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejenlynnc:
    I wonder if they take the coupons that have expired like BBB does? If so, I've got like 30 of them I can give away.

I asked the cashier and she said no.   

• Options
    imagedrunkenwife:

imagejenlynnc:

I asked the cashier and she said no.   

Well, that sucks. 

I read the itty-bitty fine print on my coupon and holy cow the list is almost endless as to what you CAN'T use it for.  Sheesh!  I still want to go - maybe Baby Wolverine and I will stop by after work today.

• Options
    oh wow, i had no idea they were opening one around her - i'm so excited!!
  • Options
    Where is this great store??? 
  • Options
    I went...and think I may be the only one not overly impressed.  Same prices as BRU and for what I'd be looking for at this stage, nothing any better.
  • Options

imagejfarmer27:
    I went...and think I may be the only one not overly impressed.  Same prices as BRU and for what I'd be looking for at this stage, nothing any better.

I noticed that when I compared prices on their websites - did you see more higher end stuff though?  It looked like they carry more high end (Peg Perego, Pedipeds, Stokke) than BRU.  I'm more excited for the convenience of it - so close to our house and on the way home from work/daycare too, that will be nicer than taking my lunch hour to go up to BRU.

Kim&Jim, it's off of the Central Expressway service road in Plano, between Park Road and Parker Road.  It is right next to a Kohl's, and Best Buy is north of it.  If you see Best Buy, look to the right and you'll see Buy Buy Baby.  :)

• Options

They definitely have more high-end items available for perusal (Peg, Stokke, Radian (I think that's the brand of the carseat), Phil & Teds.  I wish that BRU had so many items to check out back when I was registering 2 years ago.  I wasn't very impressed with their clothing selection though; it seemed very limited compared to what BRU offers.  

I think the main bonuses for me are the location and the coupons.  Their Diaper Genie refills are the same price as Walmart, and that's even before the 20% off coupon.  

• Options
    They did have higher end things - diaper bags, strollers, etc...but it's all stuff I don't need (already have), so it didn't make a difference in my opinion.  I was mainly looking for new/cooler things that I'd use now and didn't see anything way better.  Like Chris said...the clothes selection was really limited and was mainly Carter's - which if I'm buying Carter's, I'd probably buy from the Carter's store and use the coupons they send out all the time.  But for a pregnant mama, it might be a better place to register since they have the higher end equipment.
  • Options
    It's a neat store and I love how they display everything; it will be great to get T some of the play food sets when she's a bit older.  I wouldn't shop there for clothes either (although they seem to have a great selection in footed jammies), but on a positive note I've got a close source for Annie's Bunny Friends Graham Snacks.  Hee.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"