Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

My dog has a tapeworm

and DH is freaking out!! He wants to quarantine her (even though it's rare for people to get tapeworms from dogs and it'll be cleared up in a couple of weeks) and Sheri rarely gets close enough to touch the dog anyway! WE took her to the vet and it's easily treatable; got her meds and gave them to her. She gets two more pills in a month and that's it, it's taken care of. DH wants to have the carpets shampooed, furniture cleaned- the works!! I need him to calm down and take two steps back. She's not dying from an infectious disease!! 

Re: My dog has a tapeworm

• Options
    Wow, how did you find out she had it? Was she losing weight? Your DH sounds like my DH's exact opposite, he'd be like eh whatever a few bad germs never hurt anyone. He grew up on a ranch, moving cattle, etc. So his defense is always I used to eat cow sh!t, let the kid roll in the dirt he will be fine. Oy
    I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • Options
    WE have a townhouse and we're required to svoop, so I saw it this morning when I took her out. He's a neat freak in his mind, but I'm not so much; he would rather I do more cleaning IRL. I'm not a slob, but I can tolerate a stack of mail here, a few toys there, you know?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    you can't get tapeworms from your dog. the only way you can get tapeworms is by swallowing a flea, which the dog could be carrying (could happen if the dog sleeps in your bed and you swallow one at night w/o realizing it)...but otherwise tell him not to worry so much!! :)
  • Options
    I told him iy was ublikeky any of us would get it. His concern is that DD puts everything in her mouth. I found an article by a vet (Dr. Greene) online that I read to him this a.m. to calm him down. I think he was paranoid because it's a parasite (and he's protective of our DD). I bet he still shampoos our carpets this weekennd though!!
  • Options
    Hey, if my DH were to volunteer to vacuum and shampoo our carpets, I wouldn't fight him! Lol
    I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • Options
    I just back up and let him clean when this kind of mood strikes!)
  • Options
    My potentially FFFC: when i first read your post i was really hoping i could come over and get a tape worm too.  I wanna lose weight so bad and i seriously can not stop eating crap :o(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"