Working Moms
Options

Work vent....sorry it is long.......

So today has been a really sh!tty day and I feel like finding a new job....some back story.

I am the Patient Collection Coordinator for a large OB office. My position is part of the billing department, so I also deal with the insurance companies but my main focus is the patients who have balances. In February we had to hire someone new that works the insurance collections side of things. This person and I share an office and end up working side by side on accounts. The person that my office hired is the issue. She is ok at what she does, but has the attitude that she is always correct and told me once that I didn?t know what I was doing, that she had been doing this for 2 years even thought I have been doing it for close to 7. At that time I went to our supervisor to let her deal with the problem and she sorted it all out.

Fast-forward to today, she question me on why I made a note in the collection notes on an account. I told her because I worked the account and we MUST document EVERYTHING that we do on an account. She then blows up on me and I am just dumbfounded and keep asking her to stop, I have to say this 3 or  4 times and each time my voice is getting a little louder. I was trying to leave the office to go and get our manager as I was not going to be treated this way. Our manager came in and talked, I let out a lot of my frustrations about her (she is always coming into work late, or just not coming in, always making personal phone calls on company time...all issues that I have informed the management of before, but it appears nothing is being done about it) our manager told her what she did was wrong, and that I was right by documenting the account the way I did.

Then about 20 minutes later my manager comes back into my office and asks is I can come meet with her, so I head to her office and we go to our administrator?s office, my co-worker is also in the room. The administrator tells us he doesn't put up with people that do this and says that he will talk with both of us in the morning and says that we both have to go home! I couldn't believe it! I was being sent home for asking her to stop yelling at me and trying to get our manager.

I know that today I am just so pissed at the entire situation, but it is getting old knowing that some people are getting away with stuff that others would not. I already told my manager that if the drama around the office doesn't change that I will leave, I don't need to put up with that kind of crap. She of course told me that they don't want to lose me as they really like me and I do a great job. So after I left work I went and picked up DS and came home and have been applying online for other jobs.

Thanks for letting me vent...sorry this turned out so long. :) 

Re: Work vent....sorry it is long.......

• Options
    Blech!  CRAPPY COWORKERS SUCK!!!  I hope everything works out for you!
  • Options
    Thanks....I am crossing my fingers that tomorrow is a better day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Keep in mind that the administrator doesn't know what really goes on and although he says that he likes you, it doesn't mean that he necessarily believes your version of events.  He may think that you are jealous or petty or something as well for tattling on your co-worker.  (Not saying any of this is right, just trying to put some info out there.)  You also don't know what your co-worker has been saying about you behind your back.

It sounds like you have a good plan applying for other jobs since it doesn't sound like the administrator is on your side.  Hopefully, you'll go in tomorrow, co-worker will get fired and they will say something like "hope you enjoyed your day off, after dealing with her, we felt you deserved it."  GL!

• Options

::Butts in:: I thought I would check out this board, because soon I will probably be posting here.

I'm sorry you have to go through that :o( Seems like that co-worker of yours is taking things way too personal (and it's not your fault that she treated you like crap. It's so hard to separate that what people do to us is not because of anything we did. So hard not to take things personally) Anyways, I am pretty sure that your boss just thought that because both of you were upset, both of you were at fault somehow. The thing to do now is to make sure that at tomorrow's meeting, she looks crazy, unable to control her feelings, and dramatic. At the same time, you are the cool, calm, collected, professional one. Stick to your guns, she is the one that attacked you verbally, and you were only reacting to her accusations.

Also, your manager needs to grow a pair. There is no reason why you should be treated by a co-worker like this, it's a sign of a poorly managed staff. I would go to HR and report the harrassment as well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"