Philadelphia Babies

Junior League of Philadelphia?

Is anyone a member or have any experience w/ the organization? I am thinking of going to one of  their information sessions this week.

Re: Junior League of Philadelphia?

• HI! I joined last year and decided not to renew my membership for this year.  It is a great cause, but it's a pretty big time commitment.  The members were all very nice and were very involved.  A lot of the activities and meetings take place in the city which I found difficult to get to a lot of times (I live in Conshohocken).  Let me know if you want any additional information!
  • I am a member.  It is a great organization which does a lot of great things.  Some of the members can be stuck-up.  A lot of women I know joined b/c of the prestige that the organiation has, not b/c they want to actually help. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am thinking of joining for two reasons, 1 to meet some new friends, and also to help out for a good cause. Maybe I would be better off joining the group in Delaware. I live close to the DE/PA border and the idea of going to events in the city seems far for me.

Thanks!

• I would suggest going to some of the recruiting events and see what you think. I've been a member for 5 years and really like it. I have made alot of friends and also have enjoyed the volunteer activities that I've done. You will get out of it what you want - alot of people join for different reasons. The time committments vary by what you are doing/what committee you are on/how long you have been in the league.

The activities go between being in the suburbs or in the city.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"