Upstate NY Babies
Options

What ?s should I ask potential ped Dr.

I had a book with a list of ?s and now I cant find it...

what ?s did you ask? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What ?s should I ask potential ped Dr.

• Options

Totally depends on what is important to you!  What was important to me...

How long are wait times?

What do I do if my child is sick and the office isn't open?

If I call with a sick child, can we usually get in the same day?

Do you have any lactation consultants (usually a nurse practitioner) on staff? 

Are you firm with vaccinations with all your patients?  ( I wouldn't go to an office that wasn't)

How many doctors?  Will I see the same doctor for the most part, or different doctors every time?

• Options

make sure there is a sick and well area in the waiting room.  At my 1st doctor I took ethan when he was 6 days old and they never told me there was a well area.  So there I am sitting with a newborn in the sick area with other kids.  One of the moms in the room was nice enough to tell me to go into the other room.

I made the mistake of not interviewing doctors and regretted my decision.  I should have listened to my gut and not gone with the 1st dr.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

make sure there is a sick and well area in the waiting room.  At my 1st doctor I took ethan when he was 6 days old and they never told me there was a well area. 

While this idea is good, I would wouldn't get super comfortable about having two separate rooms.  Reason being, my childhood pedi has two waiting rooms.  One sick, one well, but we never went into the sick room (which was usually pretty empty) because my mom didn't want us to pick up some other sickness from the sick room!  I am sure my mom is not the only one who has this thinking!

• Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    The pp had good suggestions. It mainly depends on what's important to you. We were having a boy, and were still on the fence about circumcision, so we asked each pedi's opinion on it. We also asked about their thoughts on breast feeding and vaccinations. We ended up going with our pedi because we felt really comfortable with his demeanor and his practice's philosophy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"