Secondary IF

Injectables...

As most of you prolly did not know, i am from the great land of Canada!! I was thinking of starting injectables if Femara doesn't work (please pray it does for us). I was wondering what the costs you guys pay are (and whether or not your insurance covers any portion)

In Alberta where I am these are my prices, in Canadian dollars:
Insurance covers nothing, these are the cheapest i have found and trust me, I phoned around!
Clomid (Seraphine brand) - 150mg x5days- $85
Femara- 10mg x5days-$63 
Ultrasound-$75
Injectables monitoring package (this includes teaching how to inject, unlimited u/s for the cycle, and 1 IUI) -$950
IUI (per treatment without package)- $200
Injectables (medicine only)- $800-$1200
Invitro- $12,000-$20,000 (per fresh cycle)
FET- $800 (per cycle)

We are really thinking of making a trip to Montana or Washington to have some treatments done if they are cheaper... 

Our Girls
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
AquinnahDori
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: Injectables...

• My insurance covers IF at 50% of the negotiated rate.  Up until I reached my annual OOP I paid $130 per u/s and b/w monitoring appointment and then all my meds OOP.

The meds cost vary depending on your response.  My cheapest cycle on injectibles, where I responded pretty quickly was about $850 and the most expensive so far is around $2000.  That includes the FSH injections, the prometrium and the Ovidrel trigger.

If you are OOP expect for it to be friggin expensive.  The difference in price for OOP vs insured makes me physically ill.

Shop around would be my advice.  Maybe not for the procedures themselves because they sound almost reasonable but for the meds.   I get my meds from 2 different pharmacies depending on what I need. One of the pharmacies runs a program where the manufacturer gives you like 40% off the cost per vial of Bravelle.  I think it's called the Heart program or something. You sign up like a store bonus card.  I was getting it at $40 a vial as opposed to $70 odd. It all helps.  I can send you the info if you like.

• LuckyHLuckyH member
    I got a fee schedule from my RE the other day.  I don't have it with me, but from what I can remember all of what you posted is fairly comparable to the OOP rates here in Houston.
    imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"