Minnesota Babies

I've chosen Woodwinds....now help me find a midwife (healtheast)?

After getting great advice from you ladies and speaking with a co-worker's wife....they all highly recommend Woodwinds. So now I just need a midwife to continue my prenatal care??? Any recommendations or CNM that you love?  I'm assuming that I again won't be guaranteed that a "my" CNM would deliver me but at least I'll be familiarized with the model of care.

Thanks in advance ladies....you are great.

Tara

Re: I've chosen Woodwinds....now help me find a midwife (healtheast)?

• https://www.healtheast.org/stjosephs/maternity/midwives.cfm

At the bottom of the page is the link to the clinics and then the bio of the MW's.  Be aware that if WW is full, you can go to SJ's.  So I would tour both places to make sure you are familiar with the alternative so you don't feel displaced in case that happened. 

• This is going to sound silly but what do you mean that WW is full?? Where are you getting this info? Is this what you've been told?  I'm assuming that people's preference is WW over SJ's and that accounts for it being busier or woman's first choice.....so would my clinic tell me that WW is considered full and I would need to go elsewhere??

Thanks for the heads up. I checked out the midwife's and at this point I'm hoping to get an appt with the midwife Gellerman is Eagan?

Anyone know anything about her (Linda Gellerman)  

• Loading the player...
  • I see Margaret Plumbo at Woodwinds Health East clinic.  I really like her.
  • She means that WW might be full when you deliver, and if that happens, they'll tell you to go to St. Joe's instead. And I agree, you should visit both hospitals.

I saw Anne Johnson throughout my pregnancy, Kerry Dixon delivered DD, and Margaret did my PP checkup. They are all great, IMO. GL!

• imageSuchaPayne310:

She means that WW might be full when you deliver, and if that happens, they'll tell you to go to St. Joe's instead. And I agree, you should visit both hospitals.

I saw Anne Johnson throughout my pregnancy, Kerry Dixon delivered DD, and Margaret did my PP checkup. They are all great, IMO. GL!

Exactly.  Sometimes there are no rooms in L&D as so many babies are being born at that given moment.  So you have to divert.  That can happen at any hospital on any given day, so don't worry about it, just understand that it may happen.  My friend had to deliver at WW as St Johns was full. 

• And St Joes diverts to WW, St Johns, United, wherever there is a nurse and a bed, so it happens all over.  It has nothing to do with people chosing WW over St Joes, it has to do with sheer numbers of beds and nurses to take care of you.  When you are in labor, you are 1 nurse to 1 patient.
  • I see Linda Gellerman and Brielle Stoyk at woodbury clinic. I highly recommend them both.
    someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"