New York Babies

Westchester obgyn recommendation

edited July 2021 in New York Babies

Hi all- My husband and I are ttc end of year and I'm torn between drs.  Right now I'm affiliated w/ Putnam obgyn which is affiliated w/ Greenwich hospital but they don't do ultrasounds in office which I think may be a pain in the butt & I'm also thinking driving to Greenwich that often may be a pain although everyone raves about Greenwich hospital.

I used to see Dr. Hirsch in Scarsdale affiliated w/ Westchester Med Grp. but left b'c I'm not too sure about Lawrence hospital.  Can anyone recommend the hospital?  I see they're a level 2 neonatal & White Plains & Greenwich are level 3. 

Any recommendations would be helpful.

How's White Plains hospitals maternity unit?  Do they have private rooms yet?

Thanks!!

Re: Westchester obgyn recommendation

• White Plains hospital is a dump compared to Greenwich. I don't know about their room situation, but Greenwich hospital is amazing. ALL private rooms, and you do your whole labor, delivery and post in the same room. The nurses are fantastic and the hospital is clean, bright and just a very comforting place to be - doesn't feel like a "hospital" the way WP does.
  • Greenwich Hospital is where i am having my baby. Dr Patricia Calayag in RYE (west med group) or Dr Sharma same place.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info!  I think I will stick w/ looking for a dr. affiliated w/ Greenwich hospital
  • I gave birth in WP last May. I had a private room despite the fact that there were several other deliveries that evening. All of the nurses were wonderful and of course I love my doctor (DR. Khoury in WP).

Don't be blinded by the glitzy name and area - of Greenwich- White Plains hospital has an excellent maternity unit and I will give birth there regardless of where I'm located in the county over the next few years. Take a tour- they do free ones.

• how about putnam hospital? My obgyn group is all woman they are awesome 845 279 3300 i believe ..Dr Vosko
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Just to let you know, I had a wonderful experience at WP hospital.  The Labor and Delivery nurses were so wonderful and I had a large private room.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OBGYN is Dr. Rinato and her associates.  Two OBGYNs, two midwives.  I've met 3 of the 4 and they are great.  They are affiliated with the Hudson Valley Hospital Center, which by its website looks great with an updated birthing center.  I don't have any experience with it as I'm in my first pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"